Question The problem that NO one could SOLVE!

overRev26

Reputable
Apr 6, 2017
My graphic card is not showing any display. I know that the fan on the card spins, all cables are connected, the pci socket works, even my windows boots as i can hear the sound of it.
Also whenever I boot my computer with onboard graphics, it works but also while booting it shows a message that the date and time are not set everytime.

Specs-
Gtx 1050
i3-2100
Windows 10
Dell Optiplex 990
8 gb ram
Antec 450 watt psu

Thank You.

Last edited:

overRev26

Reputable
Apr 6, 2017
Try going into safe mode and reinstall gpu drivers
If you have another pc try putting the gpu there and see if it works just to make sure your gpu is not the problem
Thank You for your reply.
I have already done reinstalling the drivers 2 times but still the problem doesn't go. I dont have any other system with me. But when i keep restarting the computer, out of the blue, the card shows display.

My graphic card is not showing any display. I know that the fan on the card spins, all cables are connected, the pci socket works, even my windows boots as i can hear the sound of it.
Also whenever I boot my computer with onboard graphics, it works but also while booting it shows a message that the date and time are not set everytime.

Specs-
Gtx 1050
i3-2100
Windows 7 SP1
Dell Optiplex 990
4 gb ram
Antec 450 watt psu

Thank You.

Did the card work before or did you get a new one for your system?

Have you tried removing and re-seating the card in the pcie slot? have you tried one of the gfx cards other outputs? It also sounds like the system may be tring to default to the onboard video. Go into your bios and make sure the primary video is set to the pcie slot. Also, im not sure if you mentioned weather you get a display before windows loads? or is it just always blank?

overRev26

Reputable
Apr 6, 2017
Have you tried removing and re-seating the card in the pcie slot? have you tried one of the gfx cards other outputs? It also sounds like the system may be tring to default to the onboard video. Go into your bios and make sure the primary video is set to the pcie slot. Also, im not sure if you mentioned weather you get a display before windows loads? or is it just always blank?
Yes i tried re-seating the gfx card and i dont get any display at all even before windows loads. Also, no I didn't try any other outputs.

D

Deleted member 14196

have you put the card in another--lesser slot if you have one on the mobo? just to see if it isnt the pcie3 x16 slot?