Question The problem with 'd' button.

Apr 29, 2019
Hi, I have got a problem with my Thor 300 keyboard on red switches. Everything was fine, untill the day that 'd' button has started acting strange. Sometimes, the 'd' works, and sometimes doesn't (button, and switch are working normally, but the keyboard sometimes is not registering 'd' when I push it). Blowing the air into the switch works, but not too long. Should I use isopropyl alcohol inside the switch? And can I [censored] [mess] up the switch completely if i use it?

Warning: No swearing on these forums please :eek: - - - Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I have got a problem with my Thor 300 keyboard on red switches. Everything was fine, untill the day that 'd' button has started acting strange. Sometimes, the 'd' works, and sometimes doesn't (button, and switch are working normally, but the keyboard sometimes is not registering 'd' when I push it). Blowing the air into the switch works, but not too long. Should I use isopropyl alcohol inside the switch? And can I [censored] [mess] up the switch completely if i use it?

Warning: No swearing on these forums please:eek: - - - Moderator

If keyboard is in warranty contact the company support. Not sure what you mean by "button and switch are working normally" when the button does not work at times. Or by "working" do you mean that they move? Just because the key can go up and down does not mean the switch is good. If you can get individual switches, you can replace that one if you are OK with soldering. Can't find too much on that keyboard, looks like it's a localized brand outside the US.

TRENDING THREADS