Question The problem with starting hard drives on the motherboard

Dec 18, 2022
Hello, I met a problem that I can't solve for 3 days. For some reason, my computer cannot reset itself to factory settings (it freezes on the "device preparation" screen). I solved this problem using another computer (I just ran from room to room with a hard drive). I did this operation 4 times and everything was fine. On the fifth, something went wrong. My main PC just stopped loading hard drives. All workers. You can see them in the bios, but when the PC boots, it gives "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". I dripped in the bios, and changed the format of the hard disk, and changed cables, connectors, etc. Nothing helps. I went to the Asus ez mod 2. Somehow it's called that. I was even able to look at folders and open them through the bios. In the hardest I changed the resolution to gpt. In the bios, I twisted everything that could be connected with sata. From IDE to ACHI and vice versa. The motherboard is ASUS P8H67. Video card - Nvidia GeForce 550ti Processor - Intel core i5 2300

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Have you tried downloading the OS you have directly from MS onto a USB as the installer, or only through such as "repair computer" from the PC you are attempting to reset OS?

Have you checked the health of the drive you are attempting to install to?

Dec 18, 2022
Have you tried downloading the OS you have directly from MS onto a USB as the installer, or only through such as "repair computer" from the PC you are attempting to reset OS?

Have you checked the health of the drive you are attempting to install to?
1. Due to the fact that my PC for some reason does not pull the installation / reset to the factory settings of windows, I have to use the installer via a USB flash drive on another PC, but with my hard drive. 2. My disk is relatively new, and it worked on another PC.