[SOLVED] The proper way to take a built PC out of the case box

Jun 14, 2021
I brought a new PC home. They packed it in the original case box. I want to be careful with the unboxing. Should I put it on the side and then pull out the PC?

The case is Pure Base 500DX.

I had a big cooler installed (Dark Rock Pro 4).

Solution
Generally speaking, you should find that the inside of the computer case itself was filled with expanding foam bags to keep the equipment from moving too much. A really good thing that some shippers do is to remove the GPU prior to shipping as well, based on the size and weight of the model.

Just wondering...are you REALLY waiting to see what we say before you open your new toy?
I see posted "13 minutes ago"....that thing would have been on and downloading updates by now, or working an RMA.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Generally speaking, you should find that the inside of the computer case itself was filled with expanding foam bags to keep the equipment from moving too much. A really good thing that some shippers do is to remove the GPU prior to shipping as well, based on the size and weight of the model.

Just wondering...are you REALLY waiting to see what we say before you open your new toy?
I see posted "13 minutes ago"....that thing would have been on and downloading updates by now, or working an RMA.

Solution
Jun 14, 2021
I'm still finishing some stuff on my old PC.
Thanks, guys.
I can see the front mesh is facing upwards. I can't figure out which side is glass.
I think I will put it on the side and slide it out. I'd like to do that with the cooler facing upwards.

EDIT Figured out where the glass is. I found the screws peeping out from the Styrofoam.

EDIT 2 Took it out. Was a bit tough, though. It was on the side with the glass panel up. DRP4 is in place. It looks huge in comparison to the videos and photos I've seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: rgd1101

TRENDING THREADS