Question The question about mobo stickers, again.

Oct 10, 2023
Hi everyone,

so I'm doing a PC build and got myself an Asus Strix x670e-a motherboard.
Now, there a several stickers on the SSD heat sinks on the mobo side, as well as on the inner side of the heat sink.

From what I saw, the stickers on the heat sinks themselves can be left on, in case they're not being used.
But what about the sticker on the mobo? Does this also apply here?
In case you're looking at the manual: I'm talking about the slot M.2_1 in Chapter 1.
I'll be using the Slots M.2_3 and M.2_4 though. These don't have any stickers on them.
The stickers on the heat sinks have "Remove" written on it.

For now, the mobo has four SSD slots and I'm planning to put two to use (the PCIv4.0 slots).

Sorry, it's just a whole lot of money for me and I don't want to mess this up by doing something stupid/ forgetting something.
Especially because I want to update the BIOS like in the following video, since the system has not been put together yet.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7QWF8qvz1U

Kind regards and thank you in advance!

Walk-Man

Solution
Hi,
thank you for your reply.

I guess, then that's okay (?).

I want to know, if it is necessary to remove these plastic stickers from the thermal pad (PCIv5.0 Slot) attached to the mainboard, despite I'm not using that specific SSD slot.
I fear of it (plastic sticker) being melted due to temperatures/ voltages.

I'll be using the other PCIv4.0 slots that only have a pad attached to their (removable) heat sink side.

Again, I bet it sounds stupid. But I want it to be sure as death.

Kind regards,

Walk-Man
If pad is just sitting there unused.leave it or take whole pad out, it's not going to be subjected to heat
Oct 10, 2023
Hi and thank you for your replies.

Here a link to the manual:
https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x670e-a-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_manual/
Chapter 1, Page 10 - Search for "M.2_1"

Otherwise, have a look into the gallery:
https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x670e-a-gaming-wifi-model/gallery/

The're not only stickers on the removable heat sink plate, but there's also one right on the motherboard (no print on it) on the slot M.2_1 .

In case you're looking in the gallery: It's right underneath the CPU socket.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The stickers on the heat sinks have "Remove" written on it.
Can you elaborate on where you're seeing the stickers on the motherboard?
The're not only stickers on the removable heat sink plate, but there's also one right on the motherboard (no print on it) on the slot M.2_1 .

In case you're looking in the gallery: It's right underneath the CPU socket.

Oct 10, 2023
Are you referring to the plastic on top of the included M.2 thermal pads?
I do believe yes. But I'm not quite sure yet.
Can these also be found right on the mobo on a M.2 slot?

I don't intend to use that slot for now, though. I'm just wondering because the pad (and the sticker with it) are directly on ht emobo.

Last edited:
I do believe yes. But I'm not quite sure yet.
Can these also be found right on the mobo on a M.2 slot?

I don't intend to use that slot for now, though. I'm just wondering because the pad (and the sticker with it) are directly on ht emobo.
Those cooling pads provided for heat sink of M.2 SSDs have one self adhesive side and it's covered with thin plastic which should be removed before sticking it to under side of heat sink. Without removing it cooling pad would be insulator.

Reactions: Walk-Man
Oct 10, 2023
Those cooling pads provided for heat sink of M.2 SSDs have one self adhesive side and it's covered with thin plastic which should be removed before sticking it to under side of heat sink. Without removing it cooling pad would be insulator.
Hi,

I want to know, if it is necessary to remove these plastic stickers from the thermal pad (PCIv5.0 Slot) attached to the mainboard, despite I'm not using that specific SSD slot.

I'll be using the other PCIv4.0 slots that only have a pad attached to their (removable) heat sink side.

Kind regards,

Walk-Man

Hi,

Kind regards,

Walk-Man
If pad is just sitting there unused.leave it or take whole pad out, it's not going to be subjected to heat

Solution

TRENDING THREADS