The Quiet Trend Of New Mechanical Keyboard Switches In New Places

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worth noting that laptop keyboards are in fact membrane keyboards. The scissor mechanism just ensures the top of the key remains parallel to the top of the keyboard; they don't provide any tactile feedback. The actually resistance to depression and activation is still done with a membrane dome. On full-sized membrane keyboards the keys are fixed in orientation by vertical pegs. But with thinner laptop keyboards, pegs would not be long enough to keep the keys from tilting appreciably during depression, hence the use of scissors.

khindjal

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
you're not alone, Seth. i prefer chiclet style keyboards myself, and i imagine it's because i game a lot more than i type.

i am keenly following the ultra-thin mechanical keyboard market and i have my eyes set on the Azio MK-C which hopefully goes on sale soon. it appears to be my ideal keyboard.

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Why would you want to play on a tiny 15-17"?

Gaming laptops should be used as small form factor PC's with Monitor, mouse and kb attached to it.

WallyBear

Commendable
Feb 8, 2017
I have to get one of these! I learned on how to type on an Olympia typewriter in 1978. I forgot how relaxing being able to hear what you are typing can be

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS