The Razer Blade is a Stunning New 17" Gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

While the price is high for its components, its comparable to a similarly priced MBP in hardware, and build quality. Its basically replacing the Apple magic dust with Razer gaming interface.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Ah- finally hardware worthy of a 2700-dollar pricetag.

So when I see people walking around with new 17" Macbook Pros, I can give them an equivalent machine that's actually worth the pricetag in hardware (other than a GTX 580M, that is) and looks and feels better.

jcaulley_74

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I'll be interested in seeing how cool it can stay. One of the reasons gaming laptops are big is to support the cooling solution. Very often, small and thin=hot and unstable.

[citation][nom]Burodsx[/nom]Someone posted a hilarious (but true) article on reddit in regards to what you can buy INSTEAD of this laptop. http://i.imgur.com/wTTck.png[/citation]
Whoever made this comic obviously dosnt know computer hardware. I'm looking at a ~$1000 hardware refresh next year, but I could beat those specs with current parts and prices with $1000, much less nearing $3000

G

of course they dont mention the integrated battery...
stupid laptop that would last about 10 seconds when gaming, and more expensive than alienware.
PC GAMING ISNT DEAD, AND TO PROVE IT WE HAVE THIS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE LAPTOP THAT WILL REQUIRE YOU TO BE PLUGGED INTO AN OUTLET!

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
for that price, you can build a desktop gaming PC with the fastest parts available and it would still be cheaper than that laptop.

and with the left over money, you can make it portable by buying a large backpack where you can stuff a large UPS in, along with the pc case, and be creative with the monitor, speakers, mouse, and keyboard

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]caedenv[/nom]Whoever made this comic obviously dosnt know computer hardware. I'm looking at a ~$1000 hardware refresh next year, but I could beat those specs with current parts and prices with $1000, much less nearing $3000[/citation]

And you obviously have a comprehension problem. The comic was pointing out how much stuff you could get for that much money.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]caedenv[/nom]Whoever made this comic obviously dosnt know computer hardware. I'm looking at a ~$1000 hardware refresh next year, but I could beat those specs with current parts and prices with $1000, much less nearing $3000[/citation]
you've clearly missed the point of the comic -_-

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
PC Gaming isn't dead but no thanks to the overpriced laptop that Razer is pushing. Price is one of the things that turns people off from PC.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]PC Gaming isn't dead but no thanks to the overpriced laptop that Razer is pushing. Price is one of the things that turns people off from PC.[/citation]
quality and speed cost money....

Status
Not open for further replies.