The reason for my high CPU temps

Gamer1234567

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Could the reason for my high cpu temps (40-80c on idle) be because of HWMonitor not being able to see the readings correctly? In bios i have 45c in bios, so I put on cpu warning temp for 70c and it never beeped when It said i was over 70c. I was just wondering so i can stop worrying about this.

Solution
Interesting, I have a 7850k on an a88x mobo and I can't seem to get the correct temps when stress testing. Since we both have similar issues and Gigabyte mobos, it may be that the sensors on the board are correctly reading/set up.

Markkk

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Can be any number of Reasons

1) CPU is working correctly in its temp range (please specify CPU)
2) Stock cooler is insufficient to provide cooling (typical of Intel)
3) Cooler not fitted with thermal paste
4) Small Case and bad air flow will increase Temp
5) Try Another Program to check Temp, Core Temp/Speccy etc

A little more info may help give you peace of mind or reason for concern

Gamer1234567

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Its very rare that the motherboard sensor is broken since there are multiple sensors.

The processor is a 100W processor and the TX3 is rated for 130W, so no compatibility issue there.

I use CoreTemp to read the temperatures on my computer so it shows in the really cool Windows Gadget that you can get. Check that out.

I'd still check the mounting. 99% of the time I have had a problem with cooling it was that.

ohyouknow

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
Interesting, I have a 7850k on an a88x mobo and I can't seem to get the correct temps when stress testing. Since we both have similar issues and Gigabyte mobos, it may be that the sensors on the board are correctly reading/set up.

Solution

Gamer1234567

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I really dont know, this exact thing was happening to me with the stock cooler, and I thought the new cooler would fix it. It didn't; the weird thing is that the stock cooler came with thermal paste on the cooler, so I put on the cooler (It has to be fitted correctly for it is the shape of the mount) and I got these weird readings. Also, my cpu IDLE temps go from 40-50 in a second and 60-70 and so on. Then it comes back down to 40 again. Its strange. Thanks for the help guys!