Question The recommended resolution doesn't fit the screen on windows 10.

Aug 23, 2019
Hello everyone, the problem I have is that if I use the recommended resolution on this phillips monitor (which is 1024x768) It won't fill my screen and nor do other resolutions except 1920x1080 which really really lags my pc out and I can't even play the games I used to (GTX 1060). Even the browser lags. It all started when I had to change a cable for the PC and I rebooted it. That's all I know. any ideas? I'm really sad I cant really play anything and even this forum lags for me.

When you changed the cable did you also move it from the graphics card to the motherboard?

If that's the case then it sounds like you are simply running the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver because the IGP drivers aren't installed. Those don't need to be installed when you are running off the GTX 1060

Aug 23, 2019
When you changed the cable did you also move it from the graphics card to the motherboard?

If that's the case then it sounds like you are simply running the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver because the IGP drivers aren't installed. Those don't need to be installed when you are running off the GTX 1060
Thanks for replying, the cable I have changed is connected to the back of the case and there's a blue thing. I'm not really sure how these are called because my cousin has helped me. I could make a screenshot though. I'll try now to find a decent angle. (I'm pretty sure I replaced the cable with the same model but when I rebooted my pc everything became so small and I had to give it the biggest resolution.)

The only blue monitor port is 15-pin VGA, and because the GTX 1060 does not support VGA or analog outputs at all, you have probably connected the cable to the motherboard's integrated graphics.
VGA-370x186.jpg

The motherboard ports are in the big rectangular plate on the back, and the graphics card would be off to the side and at a right angle to the rectangle, in the row of slots.