The refrigerator tower

eric_26

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
So I was thinking...

What if i just put all my computer parts in a mini-fridge and used the mini-fridge as my tower?

To anyone's knowledge has this been done before? Are there any reasons this wouldn't work? Ide imagine it'd be a great cooling method. Lol.

This is purely theoretical for fun.

thumb_up_48.png

If freezing or near freezing air in enclosed space meets 130F, what is going to happen?

Assuming that all the parts are still working...

AxemanACL

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
The compressor would fail very quickly. They are not made to handle the amount of heat given off by a computer. It would have to run non stop, which they are not designed for. You've heard of freezers compressors dieing after having the door left open, same sort of deal here.

The moister would be created by the warm air again and again.

nebelwerfer41

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
'Moister' isn't created by mixing different air temps. Moisture in the air condensates on surfaces that are colder than dew point (dew point is relative to humidity). If the air is dry, moisture will not condensate on an object that is warmer than the air around it.

To the OP, it will probably be a very inefficient way to cool the PC. Your energy bill will quickly overcome the cost of a dedicated water cooling system.

Carryion

Reputable
Sep 23, 2014

Im doing it now Have no problems with it LOTS of fans and rice! HD and PS out side also used Rust-Oleum Never Wet Multi-Surface Liquid Repelling Treatment WORKS GREAT