Question The right choice for headset + mic for 2019?

Stilian

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
Hello to everyone reading this post!

Today I have a question about choosing the right headset + microphone for listening to music and mainly gaming with friends (CS:GO; R6) on the budget I have.

I am using „Ali” headset (the audio only), because microphone captures the sound of them and makes all of my friends rage that they are hearing themselves. The sound quality is below average and levels of sounds are flat.

The microphone I am using at the moment is an ebay product for about $20. It is microphone for a stand (looks like professional), with average quality. The problem is that I need to boost it from sound options with 20 or 30 dB, so my friends can hear me. This means that it captures a lot of background noise as well as things that are happening far away from it (keyboard, mouse clicks things I’m doing in the room, or even in the other room…).

I’m currently looking for a headset or headphones that I can attach microphone to them, such as V-Moda BoomPro. The budget I have is about $120+($10-$20), if I know it will work awesome.
I was looking for reviews online and I saw a lot of agreements on the combo Sony SHP9500 + Vmoda BoomPro or ModMic. The price of this combo (with Vmoda) is $120. Another choice I was wondering about is Sennheiser GSP300 (But the quality of the microphone is probably coming from professional amps...). So I’m going to ask here if this is a good idea and if there are people with this combo already, to confirm the quality of both. I’m also open to ideas and offers for headsets or headphones + microphone combos.

Thanks in advance!

Stilian

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
How would you want to connect to your system? Analog or USB? I think you're good to go with the Sennheiser GSP300 headset. You could also look at this.
I forgot to mention I'm playing on PC only. I can go either (which is best for the money). In my country GAME ZERO is literally $200... Prices for Europe will be more accurate than US prices in this situation.