The Right Choice?

Solution

A little observation: -K processors have unlocked multipliers that allow to overclock them, for that you need a Z-chipset motherboard, in this case a Z87/Z97 to make use of the overclocking feature. H87 mobos cant do that and make pointless having a unlocked CPU that cant be OC'd.
So depending on your plans for this build, either changing to a Z87/97 chipset motherboard for OCing...

Norwegian

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014

Here is the link:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Fxv2bv

NOTE: I couldn`t find the fans on this site, but i am going to run 5 Corsair AF 120 edition fans.
And no, i haven`t included a graphics card because i don`t need one. And this build is for a hackintosh ;)

6R1M01R3

Distinguished

A little observation: -K processors have unlocked multipliers that allow to overclock them, for that you need a Z-chipset motherboard, in this case a Z87/Z97 to make use of the overclocking feature. H87 mobos cant do that and make pointless having a unlocked CPU that cant be OC'd.
So depending on your plans for this build, either changing to a Z87/97 chipset motherboard for OCing or getting a non unlocked CPU like the i7 4770/4790.

As for the ram, the Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 (2x4gb) is cheaper and has a CAS of 9 (lower is better), the Kingston having a CAS of 10
If you are willing to spend a little more for the ssd, the Samsung 840 EVO 120GB has better performance than the Crucial.

Solution