[SOLVED] the SATA port for Windows for the Asus Z490-A

lewisananda

Reputable
Oct 31, 2016
I will be building a new computer with a Asus Z490-A and I will be using a 250 GB SSD for dedicated Windows op system. I will use a 1 tb. M.2 for programs, etc. My question is what SATA port should I use on the board so I don't interfere with the operation of the M.2? Thanks, Lewis

Solution
I will be building a new computer with a Asus Z490-A and I will be using a 250 GB SSD for dedicated Windows op system. I will use a 1 tb. M.2 for programs, etc. My question is what SATA port should I use on the board so I don't interfere with the operation of the M.2? Thanks, Lewis
You look in the user manual or spec sheet, to discover what conflicts there may be.

Personally, I always use the lowest number port for the OS drive, so that I always know which one it is.

USAFRet

Titan
You look in the user manual or spec sheet, to discover what conflicts there may be.

Personally, I always use the lowest number port for the OS drive, so that I always know which one it is.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Also, be sure you install this OS with only the one drive connected.