The Saygus V2 Wonder Phone, Hands On

Status
Not open for further replies.

joaompp

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
There specs are similar to a Nexus 5 or a 1+1, but at a higher price point. Why should we be excited about early 2014 specs at a $500 price point, might as well as get a Moto X and get better support and greater customization options.

sausen

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
There specs are similar to a Nexus 5 or a 1+1, but at a higher price point. Why should we be excited about early 2014 specs at a $500 price point, might as well as get a Moto X and get better support and greater customization options.
You're joking, right? The OnePlus isn't always available, but even so this phone practically matches the 1+1 spec for spec but has wireless charging, OIS, and not ONE but TWO microSD slots. That alone is impressive. If it's under $500, it might be worth considering for storage users.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
2 sd slots... there isn't a flagship that even has an sd currently... or am i mistaken... as i cant think of anything but the one+ and they aren't putting a phone like this out for 200$

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
2 sd slots... there isn't a flagship that even has an sd currently... or am i mistaken... as i cant think of anything but the one+ and they aren't putting a phone like this out for 200$

Um, the S5, the One M8, the G3 just for starters all have SD slots. Not long ago Samsung was the only OEM to add them into their flagships, but several others recently have. Perhaps a big reason Samsung lost some marketshare.

That all being said, I love the idea of 2 SD slots AND a removable battery. If this is made and the cell radio is of good quality, I hope it comes to Verizon cause I will be buying it.

Gaidax

Distinguished
Mmmm... meh?

The only useful and new thing I can think of here is multi-boot from SD card.

2 SD card slots? It's cute but definitely not a show steal here... we have tons of flagship phones with amazing features and another heap coming in like two months, 2 SD card slots pales in comparison to that to be honest.

All in all, the phone is decent, but it's hardly something special, compared to alternatives.

alextheblue

Distinguished
The saying is "'the proof of the pudding is in the eating", not "proof is in the pudding"

Google is your friend.

Actually I've NEVER heard it said any other way than "The proof is in the pudding". Anyone with a functioning control unit can interpret either version.

Also, Google doesn't really want to be your friend anyway. They just want to follow you around and sponge off you. :p

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
To be honest, the 801 is already old, with options like the 805 already in the market and 810 being manufactured right now.

Everything else is pretty good, and combined in a single phone is sounds great. I'm specially liking the dual microSD slot and microSD booting. No phone in the market has that functionality.

Tibeardius

Reputable
Apr 19, 2014
@joaompp The CPU is better, battery is larger(user replaceable too) and should last longer due to the new Amprius tech in it, it has a smaller footprint, 2 microSD cards, fingerprint reader, IR blaster, dedicated camera button, 21mp rear and 12mp front cameras both with OIS. The list goes on. This is in an entirely different league from the Nexus 5. I own the Nexus 5 and look forward to upgrade to this phone.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Only killer feature m seeing is booting from a SD card.

Wireless charging is nice and so is the battery being removable.

Now concerning the cameras... Reaks of "moar! ... Because moar!" I'd rather a good 14mp that can take low light / sun glaring off the snow pics than something that has to be in a laboratory setting to get not crap exposures.

Status
Not open for further replies.