Phoenix_5

Reputable
Mar 12, 2017
Hello everyone,
I guees I have a big problem now and I need your help. As I wrote in the title I'm having a problem with my Lenovo legion y520. It was a normal day for me, played some Battalion 1944, and then later that same day i needed to restart my laptop because i was reinstling some program (not that impotant). And after it restarted on my login screen there it was a pink flickering light that was going up to the half of m screen, I was immediately like omg noo not my graphics card but is it really though? That's what I wanted to ask you guys do you think it's my graphics card that's run it's course or is it maybe a unpluged cablesomehow, a virus of some sorts. I already checked my graphics drivers they are up to date, so I guess it's not them.
The specs of my laptop:
Nvidia gtx 1050 4gb
Intel core i5 7th gen 2.5ghz
1tb hdd
8gb of ram
And other stuff I can tell em to you if really needed.
So whats wierd to me is that while it's booting up(while the laptops logo is being displayed and the win10 logo is loading windows everything is fine, but the seccond it turns to the loging screen it starts flickering so I'm still holding on to some little flicker of hope that this is not a graphics card or a screen problem) . Why you ask well because as you probably know, graphic cards in laptops are integrated to the mother board and I can't just change the graphics card, but I have to buy a new motherboard. And a new motherboard on the lenovo page is a 1000$, maybe i culd get a used one on ebay for up to 500$ but how safe is that? I'm not home currently and I turned my laptop off so it can cool down, and will check if that helps when i come back home(my guess is it wont), I know it you know it and everyone knows it I will probably have to buy a new motherboard, but I have no fuc**** money for that Lol so I'm probably royaly fucked if you don't give me sum hope to resolve this.
Thank you for at least reading this long post, I'm just going crazzy atm. Hope I'll read some replays soon.
Your friendly neighbor Peanix.
Ps. I don't have any pictures now but i can take some!

Phoenix_5

Reputable
Mar 12, 2017
Hello everyone,
I guees I have a big problem now and I need your help. As I wrote in the title I'm having a problem with my Lenovo legion y520. It was a normal day for me, played some Battalion 1944, and then later that same day i needed to restart my laptop because i was reinstling some program (not that impotant). And after it restarted on my login screen there it was a pink flickering light that was going up to the half of m screen, I was immediately like omg noo not my graphics card but is it really though? That's what I wanted to ask you guys do you think it's my graphics card that's run it's course or is it maybe a unpluged cablesomehow, a virus of some sorts. I already checked my graphics drivers they are up to date, so I guess it's not them.
The specs of my laptop:
Nvidia gtx 1050 4gb
Intel core i5 7th gen 2.5ghz
1tb hdd
8gb of ram
And other stuff I can tell em to you if really needed.
So whats wierd to me is that while it's booting up(while the laptops logo is being displayed and the win10 logo is loading windows everything is fine, but the seccond it turns to the loging screen it starts flickering so I'm still holding on to some little flicker of hope that this is not a graphics card or a screen problem) . Why you ask well because as you probably know, graphic cards in laptops are integrated to the mother board and I can't just change the graphics card, but I have to buy a new motherboard. And a new motherboard on the lenovo page is a 1000$, maybe i culd get a used one on ebay for up to 500$ but how safe is that? I'm not home currently and I turned my laptop off so it can cool down, and will check if that helps when i come back home(my guess is it wont), I know it you know it and everyone knows it I will probably have to buy a new motherboard, but I have no fuc**** money for that Lol so I'm probably royaly fucked if you don't give me sum hope to resolve this.
Thank you for at least reading this long post, I'm just going crazzy atm. Hope I'll read some replays soon.
Your friendly neighbor Peanix.
Ps. I don't have any pictures now but i can take some!
Ok after I got home and turned my laptop on I had no flickering lights, probably because its coold now, I'm running the virus scan but I doubt it'll find anything but stil, worth a try. Don't think il be running any game any time soon, probably will start saving money for either a new laptop or a new motherboard! Still leave your thought's on what I should do! Ty ☺️