The Sims 4 Headed to PC, Mac in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
^ Awesome, I just realised if you refresh your browser it re-posts your comments, nice one Toms ;-) I won't be refreshing any time soon.

SlitWeaver

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
@CheesyHotDogPuff
@opmopadop
Glad there is at least two other people who understand you have to actually quit buying EA games if you want them to quit being the worst publisher ever. :D

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Buy Sims 4, get another EA back catalogue game free. EA will have learnt nothing from the SimCity debacle, and nobody will be able to connect for the first 4 months, and they'll think well we'll give them another crappy game from our back-catalogue and that will make everyone feel better about buying a game they can't play on holiday, on planes, on anywhere they can't get an intenet connection and certainly not even at home during the first few months. When do we suckers wise up?

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
"Although the company didn't provide any additional details, the announcement called The Sims franchise itself a "single player offline experience"
Interesting... Why would they say that? Are they admitting that the always online is a mistake? I personally would feel that the sims series is more akin to being an online game than sim city...

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
I'm tempted to buy it to review it, smash it, obliterate it verbally and berate it publicly and with art, to keep others from buying it.
SimCity has left me in a bad place with EA.

Vong Vue

Honorable
May 7, 2013
I'll have to go with the "wait and see" approach when it comes to anything EA or blizzard. By wait I mean wait a month or two before considering their products.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Sims is actually a game that I think would benefit from a multiplayer focused design. But the constant expansion packs would inevitably splinter the userbase. The only Sims I bought were Sims 2 and Sims Bustin Out for console, and Bustin Out was the only one that interested me enough to play at least a little while because I could share a home with another player.

lazykoala

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Please make a complete Sims game for once instead of adding 20 gazillion xpacs that should have been in the original game. Expansions should improve the core game...not add new couches and furniture.

lazykoala

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Please make a complete Sims game for once instead of adding 20 gazillion xpacs that should have been in the original game. Expansions should improve the core game...not add new couches and furniture.

eiskrystal

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Sims 3 was too low on content, with them expecting you to microtransaction more online.
Sorry...no EA. All you achieved was to lose me as a future Sims 4 customer.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
The Sims 1 had "The Sims Online", they even re-named it "EA-Land" and it lasted about 5 years from launch.
To say that The Sims is offline only is fudging the truth a bit and I'll believe it when I see it given EA's recent attempts.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Another Sims sequel... And Will Wright died a little more on the inside. I really feel bad for him at this point, back since the first Sims he insisted that the sequel would be "something completely different" and yet EA has just iterated more garbage with extra pixels and different furniture options.
One thing is for sure, the soundtrack will be amazing.

fenix1186

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I sure hope they put more things in the base game instead of coming out with the same 43 expansion packs they did for the last 3 games. I get bored after a couple of them. And why focus on macs? No gamer in their right mind owns a mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.