[SOLVED] The smoothness I see in re-watching the clips I have is way more than when I am actually playing

Knonyx

Commendable
Apr 8, 2019
Hopefully the title is understandable. I play on a 60hz monitor and I cap most my games to about 120 FPS for consistency and lower input lag. When I am playing and take a clip (especially Valorant) the gameplay in that clip looks way smoother than my actual gameplay. Also note: I am watching the clip and playing the game on the same monitor, so I'm not sure if the monitor is the problem here. Usually when I turn on vsync so the framerate is at 60, it is smoother but I can literally feel the input lag. Is there any solution to this?

Solution
In what frame rate is the clip recorded in? Im not sure how publishing works as I've never recorded videos, but if there's any processing involved enhancing video playback or the recording itself is done at 60fps, it would make sense for it to appear smoother.

Refresh rate can only view so many frames per second, in your case 60. Any more than that and frames are missed. An example of what it would look like is if drawing an animations flipbook and then removing every third or fourth page. Flicking with missing pages wouldn't give the desired smooth motion.

Higher refresh rate monitor 120Hz+ is the only way to take advantage of your desired frame rate.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
In what frame rate is the clip recorded in? Im not sure how publishing works as I've never recorded videos, but if there's any processing involved enhancing video playback or the recording itself is done at 60fps, it would make sense for it to appear smoother.

Refresh rate can only view so many frames per second, in your case 60. Any more than that and frames are missed. An example of what it would look like is if drawing an animations flipbook and then removing every third or fourth page. Flicking with missing pages wouldn't give the desired smooth motion.

Higher refresh rate monitor 120Hz+ is the only way to take advantage of your desired frame rate.

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 7, 2020

Thx, appreciate it!

Sep 20, 2020
Happens to me as well whenever I have a recording session of ArmA 3, I'm sure its just us getting into the game and not paying attention to the details, its less intense watching the gunfight then actually being in one, even if its the same pov.

TRENDING THREADS