The sound in my game keeps cutting in and out.

winddanceroz

Reputable
Sep 30, 2014
Hi all, I have just downloaded the MMORPG Neverwinter onto my new computer, a Lanovo all in one with a i5 2.25 GHz cpu and a nvidia gpu. since i have downloaded the game, the sound keeps cutting in and out at about 1 second intervals. I have tried changing the sound settings in the game and on my computer with no success, i have also updated my gpu drivers. Gameplay is unaffected. My last computer was a teac, with the same cpu and gpu and game ran fine, the problem only started with this computer. Can anyone offer some possible solutions? Thankyou.

Solution
No, it would really be like close to 100% disk activity, so no indicator for a problem here.
8GM of RAM is enough for Neverwinter, heck, it should run on a pocket calculator... req 2GB Ram, Core 2 Duo...
This more and more closes down to some defective contacts somewhere on the line.
Try if the problem remains when using headphones.
Perhaps lend an USB-headphone, so to rule out the audio-out-contacts of your soundcard.

ragnar-gd

Reputable
Start with looking in your microsoft system logs for unusual and red entries.
Common issues are CPU-bottlenecks (unlikely here, though), driver problems, or defective contacts on your soundcard or -cable.
Otherwise, how much RAM has your machine? Check in Task-manager, if at the sound-drops there is high disk-activity. If at the time of sound-drop-outs there is a spike in disk-activity, while RAM is nearly used up, you would need more RAM. That is unlikey, but i DID see that happen, and only sound was affected, while gameplay rocked on. Test that.

winddanceroz

Reputable
Sep 30, 2014

ragnar-gd

Reputable
No, it would really be like close to 100% disk activity, so no indicator for a problem here.
8GM of RAM is enough for Neverwinter, heck, it should run on a pocket calculator... req 2GB Ram, Core 2 Duo...
This more and more closes down to some defective contacts somewhere on the line.
Try if the problem remains when using headphones.
Perhaps lend an USB-headphone, so to rule out the audio-out-contacts of your soundcard.

Solution

Latest posts