• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question "The specified path does not exist"

Jmunk

Honorable
Apr 18, 2015
So I've been having some problems with my SSD and HDD, but now that I (think) those are sorted, I keep running into this error for a variety of things. Here's one example of me trying to run powershell as ADMIN, or even recently when I try to run an ITunes setup as admin. It always gives me the same error. This seems like somewhat of an easy fix, but I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas?

Jmunk

Honorable
Apr 18, 2015
Are you running powershell as admin from a shortcut or from the root folder?
From the windows start menu. Starting from the windows folder gives me the same exact message, though. I also can't even access my downloads, says the same message when trying to open a file from downloads.

Jmunk

Honorable
Apr 18, 2015
How about right clicking your start menu and running powershell from there?
So regular powershell opens fine. But if I do the admin option, I get this. Like I said, this isn't just with powershell too. This seems to be a whole problem with any admin programs or even files downloaded.

Jmunk

Honorable
Apr 18, 2015
Anymore ideas? It's becoming a real problem as literally any program I download off of Chrome, when opening, doesn't allow me to and says the specified path does not exist. What in the world is going on here?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS