The StarCraft II Beta Part 1: Download, Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

redplanet

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
i was the first to comment but now that comment has disappeared...is this normal or does tom's regularly delete comments they don't like?

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]redplanet[/nom]i was the first to comment but now that comment has disappeared...is this normal or does tom's regularly delete comments they don't like?[/citation]

I didn't like your comment. If you didn't like the article, you could have stopped reading it, skip it, or go read something else. No need to make a snark comment at the author. I asked Kevin to start blogging about his experiences with SC2 from ground zero. He's doing his job.

/ Tuan

MoUsE-WiZ

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
[citation][nom]rigaudio[/nom]Does this violate any terms of StarCraft's NDA?[/citation]
They decided to lift confidentiality (source is a post on their beta forums) so people can screenshot and record all they like.

redplanet

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
[citation][nom]tuannguyen[/nom]I didn't like your comment. If you didn't like the article, you could have stopped reading it, skip it, or go read something else. No need to make a snark comment at the author. I asked Kevin to start blogging about his experiences with SC2 from ground zero. He's doing his job./ Tuan[/citation]

so u don't censor the trolls, only censor comments you don't like. brilliant job.

first of all, my comments were somewhere along the lines of "thanks for the diary entry, mr. parish. /sarcasm". the sarcastic tone was mainly directed towards the lack of enthusiasm portrayed in the article, which reads like a diary entry.

second of all, my comment contained no personal attack, no obscenity, or whatever you name it. what justification do u have for deleting it other than "because i can"? if u wanna play that card go ahead, and let the rest of the tom's readers truly see what kind of hypocrite you are.

redplanet

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
i also didn't realize that mr. parrish can't take such a mild criticism very well. and also, for everyone's reference, my comment already got 2 thumbs up before mr. tuan removed it, when there were only 3 comments in total.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Extremely jealous :(

you have to have a battle net account, and opt in... but not everybody gets a key.

There is live gameplay going on on ustream and justin.tv, and lots of videos on youtube too.

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]redplanet[/nom]so u don't censor the trolls, only censor comments you don't like. brilliant job.first of all, my comments were somewhere along the lines of "thanks for the diary entry, mr. parish. /sarcasm". the sarcastic tone was mainly directed towards the lack of enthusiasm portrayed in the article, which reads like a diary entry.second of all, my comment contained no personal attack, no obscenity, or whatever you name it. what justification do u have for deleting it other than "because i can"? if u wanna play that card go ahead, and let the rest of the tom's readers truly see what kind of hypocrite you are.[/citation]

Oh we are going to start censoring trolls big time. Thanks for the reminder.

There are those that shouldn't comment here because they have nothing better to say than "Author X is stupid," "this article here sucks balls and is useless." We don't want those here anyway. Hypocrites? Sorry but you must think you run the show here, and that's simply not the case. We don't have to enable comments on the articles and just let the trolls run a mudslide, but we do. You guys can post whatever you want, but we can delete whatever we want as well. There's no hypocracy in that. Be glad you don't need to have approval for every comment you post.

Like Gizmodo said best in their article, "if you're going to be an asshole and not provide any contructive feedback, we don't want you here anyway."

/ Tuan

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]redplanet[/nom]i also didn't realize that mr. parrish can't take such a mild criticism very well. and also, for everyone's reference, my comment already got 2 thumbs up before mr. tuan removed it, when there were only 3 comments in total.[/citation]

Kevin didn't even see the comments in this article yet. It was I who didn't appreciate your attitude.

And please, spare me the lecture on commenting etiquette. Anyone who's been use to forum talk over the years can see right through your mud-in-the-face tone.

I'm willing to leave up a comment that says "this article could use more information." But you included his name as if he was doing you an injustice by blogging his Starcraft 2 experiences.

/ Tuan

exfileme

Splendid
[citation][nom]redplanet[/nom]i also didn't realize that mr. parrish can't take such a mild criticism very well. and also, for everyone's reference, my comment already got 2 thumbs up before mr. tuan removed it, when there were only 3 comments in total.[/citation]
I didn't see the comment for one, so your assumptions were incorrect. Second, thanks for the "mild criticism," but frankly, there's nothing really exciting about installing a game. Perhaps next time I'll crack open a bottle of booze before blogging my experience. - Kevin

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
[citation][nom]exfileme[/nom]next time I'll crack open a bottle of booze before blogging my experience. - Kevin[/citation]
or booze open a bottle of crack!

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
[citation][nom]redplanet[/nom]so u don't censor the trolls[/citation]

I'm pretty sure you have been identified as a Troll... do you smell that?... it smells like the BAN HAMMER swinging your way!

I normally don't feed trolls, but I couldn't resist. Needless to say I've been waiting for StarCraftII to come out since I found out of development its existence (thankfully "ghost" never saw the light of day)and I am timing my next computer purchase for the enjoyment of said game. I do look forward to hearing more impressions; if Blizzard got it right by providing the fan-base with "more of the same" yet fresh & new.

redplanet

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
[citation][nom]tuannguyen[/nom]Oh we are going to start censoring trolls big time. Thanks for the reminder.There are those that shouldn't comment here because they have nothing better to say than "Author X is stupid," "this article here sucks balls and is useless." We don't want those here anyway. Hypocrites? Sorry but you must think you run the show here, and that's simply not the case. We don't have to enable comments on the articles and just let the trolls run a mudslide, but we do. You guys can post whatever you want, but we can delete whatever we want as well. There's no hypocracy in that. Be glad you don't need to have approval for every comment you post.Like Gizmodo said best in their article, "if you're going to be an asshole and not provide any contructive feedback, we don't want you here anyway."/ Tuan[/citation]

i guess u don't understand the term "constructive criticism". by stating the article reads like a diary entry, it's implying that the author lacks the enthusiasm needed for such an article. this can and should be improved upon. or would you rather all the readers to reply "A++++++++!!! Will deal with this author again!!" ??

the asshole comment was an uncalled for low blow, even though you cleverly paraphrased it instead of saying it yourself. it's also ironic how your comments were alot more of an asshole than mine. i won't take it personally since it's probably your time of the month /lowblow

Nightskeeter

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
This is some Lameness

I have EVERY single blizzard game.

And one strong PC that runs 1080P, and yet I don't get an invite? But I know a friend who got one and all he plays is WOW!!!!

all I can say is....

WOW.

Nightskeeter

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Calling people Trolls on forums is as retarded as calling People who download stuff illegally a PIRATE.

Or calling JAILBREAKING, on an I-phone,

Seriously what Retard thought of these stupid half ass phrases?
They need to be stoned to death.

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]redplanet[/nom]i guess u don't understand the term "constructive criticism". by stating the article reads like a diary entry, it's implying that the author lacks the enthusiasm needed for such an article. this can and should be improved upon. or would you rather all the readers to reply "A++++++++!!! Will deal with this author again!!" ??the asshole comment was an uncalled for low blow, even though you cleverly paraphrased it instead of saying it yourself. it's also ironic how your comments were alot more of an asshole than mine. i won't take it personally since it's probably your time of the month /lowblow[/citation]

For your information, Gizmodo did write it like that, with the word "asshole" in their statement. It wasn't a "lowblow". I already gave you one warning but you can't swallow it.

Don't let the door smack you on the way out. Banned.

Nightskeeter

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Nothing funnier, than people getting banned for no reason whatsoever.

There's so so so so so many ridiculously stupid articles i see by 2 out of the 3 people who post articles here.

Jane is by far the only reason I come here still.

The rest are like dirty laundry to be honest, and no im not defending that guy. He just can't control his temper, he hulked out. big-time.

But at least this time mr parrish has my reading on this article and any others about starcraft 2. As long as he dones't spoil it for me if I get the Beta key. :)

Seriously what Retard thought of these stupid half ass phrases?
They need to be stoned to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.