The StarCraft II Launch and Discussion Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterkidd

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I saw it mistakenly stocked early at walmart three days ago and was grinning ear to ear thinking I had it before many. When I tried to purchase it, they scanned it and said it wasn't allowed. They took it back to storage purgatory. I was so close. I could have hid it behind some other product and picked it up at 12:01, but I can wait. I am still debating whether I want a physical product or whether I am ok with a digital download.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
*yawn* not interested I'll stick with League of Legends not even sure I'll give diablo 3 a try Blizzard is a deceiving scumbag company like most companies that get too big for their own good

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
[citation][nom]peterkidd[/nom]I saw it mistakenly stocked early at walmart three days ago and was grinning ear to ear thinking I had it before many. When I tried to purchase it, they scanned it and said it wasn't allowed. They took it back to storage purgatory. I was so close. I could have hid it behind some other product and picked it up at 12:01, but I can wait. I am still debating whether I want a physical product or whether I am ok with a digital download.[/citation]

Yeah you know the download servers are going to be maxed out for the week with SC2.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
knowom you dont know what your talking about this is starcraft this is here partly because of the hundreds of thousands of pro south korean gamers

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Not impressed by Sc2, i'll be sticking to Heroes of Newerth. Battlenet was ok but battle.net 2.0 is just horrible, youre barely getting any of the features the old one gave and youre paying more than the average pc game. So no thank you. Im not even gonna get it just for the map editor as heroes of newerth is getting one soon anyway so ill be able to play the same good old maps i used to back in Warcraft 3.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
It looks like a very pretty game and I'm sure it will be great, however I wasn't a fan of the original one. I only played it at LAN parties to be inclusive, never played it home, never bothered to buy it, wasn't enjoyable to me. So on that note, I know I'll never buy it and I doubt I'll play it, especially since there isn't LAN support, I won't be seeing it at any LAN parties I go to. If i get bored, several years down the road maybe I'll pick it up, but I doubt it.

stevesauce

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
I've got my collector's edition waiting for me too...unfortunately, I didn't pre-order mine til the other day, so I'll have to wait for 10AM tomorrow to get it. No biggie!

Also, the SC2 engine is more complex than the HoN engine. Lemme know when you can create a 1st/3rd person shooter on that HoN engine. It's going to be bad azz

G

I'll buy it when they release the other 2/3 of the game. I played SC2 for the story line, so...yeah. Sorry but $180 dollars for 1 game is a bit too much imo.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
I never played the first star craft, so this should be an interesting experience. I've tried to watch some catch videos on the story arch as I don't have time to play the first one through.

I really enjoyed playing the old C&C games before they jumped the Tiberian Infected Shark. I'll pick up my SCII sometime tomorrow or maybe the next day and give it a spin.

gruntboyx

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
downloading now at a respectable 330KB/s. had to turn off the P2P option do get those speeds though. Blizzards downloader has a poor implementation of the bit-torrent protocol. If they let me adjust the upload it wouldn't strangle my download rate, and I would be happy to help seed.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
woot, going to the midnight launch in an hour! also, why do they have to release it at midnight in your particular TZ? why can't they just do it at one time across the globe? damn you Australians and your position close to the dateline!

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]gruntboyx[/nom]downloading now at a respectable 330KB/s. had to turn off the P2P option do get those speeds though. Blizzards downloader has a poor implementation of the bit-torrent protocol. If they let me adjust the upload it wouldn't strangle my download rate, and I would be happy to help seed.[/citation]

you can pull the torrent file out of the .exe (literally, if you open the exe in a hex editor, you can see the torrent file in it), and use what ever bit torrent client you want

G

I played the beta, didn't find it overly awesome. I think I'll be skipping it.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
If we installed the beta and pre-ordered on Amazon, can we use the beta install and convert it to real and use the key and play on the same day?

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
[citation][nom]dmarlow[/nom]I played the beta, didn't find it overly awesome. I think I'll be skipping it.[/citation]
Agreed. Played the beta, liked the b.net updates, but no LAN play will keep me away probably. :/

sp00

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
The higher price and lack of LAN option and the feeling that it is only 1/3 of a complete game is making stay away until a price drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.