The Story of a Dwarven Paladin

As I mentioned a few weeks ago one of my characters is a Dwarven
Paladin. To be precise he is a

3 barbarian/ 4 fighter/ 9 dwarven defender/ 4 paladin very close to
21.

Our last mission was simple. To save a paladin that had been turned to
stone and planeshifted to a tiny demiplane on the border of Limbo and
the Astral plane.

We arrived covered the paladin and a whole host of stoned bodies. We
reconstructed them as best we could, marked them off as either
good/evil/or neutral. We returned the good ones first, briefed them on
what was going on, and started to return the neutral ones. We turned
one person back every 15 mins through a carefully worded wish. 15 min
was enough time to let people know what was going on. We decided to
smash the "evil" statues and bring them back for proper identification
and possible repair and ressurection if we were incorrect about your
assumption, and or others wished them returned.

The last three statues were marked as neutral even though they were
obvious questionable races. Two goblins and a kobold. My paladin
offered to take the took Goblins into his care, and teach them a
respectable trade (Weaponsmithing/armor smithing is what I do) as long
as they promised to try to become better people.
Everybody in the town was staring at us strangely, as I led my two
charges into a tailor's shop and requested that outfits be made for
them that were approperiate for city life. Everybody wondered why a
Dwarven paladin would show mercy on goblins considering that they were
one of the strike forces that attacked my homelands when I was a young
lad. My answer should it ever really come up in game is this: "I'm
trying to reach a point where my life, is only my life and not the
guiding forced that rules all of my actions. My faith in Moradin, and
his teachings should be my guidance not the wrongs of the past. These
goblins played no part in the slaying of my clan, and it would be a
sorry day if I could not show a bit of compassion to the down and out.
Can you think of the possibilities? If these goblins are taught a
trade, fed and educated what positive change might that bring to all
goblins? I saw we must kill their "evil" natures but giving them more
to live for."

So for now, I am the protector of two very grateful goblins. Although
I can not talk to them, and they don't speak any of the languages I
do. I do plan on learning goblin, or teaching them the common tongue.

Tim

> So for now, I am the protector of two very grateful goblins. Although I can not
> talk to them, and they don't speak any of the languages I do. I do plan on learning
> goblin, or teaching them the common tongue.

Sleep with one eye open - they're base natures will start to exert themselves once
they're more comfortable and confident with their position. At least if I were DM...
:)

Tim

"Tim" <XX@nah.com> wrote in message
>> So for now, I am the protector of two very grateful goblins.
>> Although I can not talk to them, and they don't speak any of the
>> languages I do. I do plan on learning goblin, or teaching them the
>> common tongue.
>
> Sleep with one eye open - they're base natures will start to exert
> themselves once they're more comfortable and confident with their
> position. At least if I were DM... :)
>
> Tim

I fear not the goblin. I live in a desert city, and my family is large
and we have many pet scorpions (med and smaller) that we keep around.
If they pose a problem, I'm sure they will meet the end deserving of
trouble makers, evil folks, and no-good smelly goblins :) .