Question The strangest problem I ever had with a PC

theunreal

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
My PC is quite new, 1.5 years old, and this is my story:
One day I wake up, trying to turn it on, and nothing happens. No lights. No anything.
Trying after a few minutes - and it works.
It was like that for ~1 month, until it it never turned on.

So yesterday I took it to the shop (have a warranty) and they checked it - they saw that the voltage of the power supply is 0.
They replaced it and checked that it works with a new one - and it worked.

When I came home and tried to turn on the PC, it didn't work - but after a few minutes I clicked again, and it turned on.
Today I'm waking up and it never turns on again.

There is nothing special connection to the PC: just a screen.
I also tried to connect it to another plug at another room at home and it didn't help.
I am planning to take it to the shop again, but I'm very curious about this.

My question - is it possible that something else is draining out the power supply? How something like this could happen?

Oct 30, 2020
Had all sorts of issues with older pcs, reseting themselves, ending up dead in the end... It was a faulty power control panel on the wall, the wires were not making a proper connection with each other... If I was you, I would start checking things related to power cables, power wall sockets, etc... or have an expert check the power network in the house.

theunreal

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
Had all sorts of issues with older pcs, reseting themselves, ending up dead in the end... It was a faulty power control panel on the wall, the wires were not making a proper connection with each other... If I was you, I would start checking things related to power cables, power wall sockets, etc... or have an expert check the power network in the house.
You think it could be a power network issue in the house that cause the power supply of the computer to disfunction? I would have expect to see this issue in other PCs in the same house as well, but this is the only PC with failures out of 3 PCs in the house.

hang-the-9

Titan
My PC is quite new, 1.5 years old, and this is my story:
One day I wake up, trying to turn it on, and nothing happens. No lights. No anything.
Trying after a few minutes - and it works.
It was like that for ~1 month, until it it never turned on.

So yesterday I took it to the shop (have a warranty) and they checked it - they saw that the voltage of the power supply is 0.
They replaced it and checked that it works with a new one - and it worked.

When I came home and tried to turn on the PC, it didn't work - but after a few minutes I clicked again, and it turned on.
Today I'm waking up and it never turns on again.

There is nothing special connection to the PC: just a screen.
I also tried to connect it to another plug at another room at home and it didn't help.
I am planning to take it to the shop again, but I'm very curious about this.

My question - is it possible that something else is draining out the power supply? How something like this could happen?
In your other posts you said the system clock was wrong, did you replace the CMOS motherboard battery? Try a new one.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS