[SOLVED] The system does not boot up when i put ram in A2 and B2

Apr 6, 2020
Hi guys,

Recently I am having a problem with my pc and it restarts on its own and at first, I thought it was the PSU but it wasn't so I took out the ram from A2 slot and the B2 was installed the pc worked perfectly fine but when I put it in a2 and b2 it does give the display but restarts after some time and then I tried a1 and b1 there was no display at all. I tried a1 and a2 still there was no display, the only way it is working is either 1 ram stick in b2/b1 or both in b1 and b2. So;

1: What is this problem? how can I fix it?
2:will this harm my pc as I'm not taking advantage of dual-channel memory instead I am using b1 and b2?

My pc specs:
Asus b150 pro gaming motherboard
i5-6600k @3.5ghz (stock)
corsair value select dd4 2133mhz 2x8gb ram (XMP disabled and no OC)
Nvidia Gtx 1070 g1 gaming 8gb GPU (stock)
Fsp hydro GE 650w 80plus gold rated PSU
128gb Samsung SSD
2TB HDD Seagate Baracuda

Note: Ram brand, model and size are the same and when I use A1 or A2 slots the PC does not give the display. it does give display when using A2 and B2 but it shuts down as if the power is cut off and restart again (process continues).

THANKS.

Solution
Sir i checked my psu and graphics card on another pc there were no problems my ram are working fine no problems there now i am left with 2 things only the processor and the motherboard. the processor has normal temrature there was no overhesting i ran the processor diagnostic tool and it passed i ran stress test it was ok . Now my pc is restarting in a loop it's not even booting up so i think its the mother board. I have the asusb b150 pro gaming mobo. Now can u help me choose a new mother board under $80 lga 1151 socket.
Thanks
Before you go shopping for a motherboard, I would confirm that issue is not with the software (Windows). I expect by now you have had many crashes and corruption of the file system is likely. It...
@HENRYY
What's the problem? It sounds like an issue with one of the memory channels on your memory controller (the one that controls A1 and A2). It could also be something with the motherboard.
How can you fix it? Replace the CPU or the motherboard
Will it harm you PC to use B1 and B2? No ... but, you will get slightly less performance (you probably won't notice).

If it was me, I would keep the memory in B1 and B2. Run Memtest86 overnight to verify there are no problems. Assuming the test comes out fine, I would enjoy the computer until you decide to replace it.

Apr 6, 2020
@HENRYY
What's the problem? It sounds like an issue with one of the memory channels on your memory controller (the one that controls A1 and A2). It could also be something with the motherboard.
How can you fix it? Replace the CPU or the motherboard
Will it harm you PC to use B1 and B2? No ... but, you will get slightly less performance (you probably won't notice).

If it was me, I would keep the memory in B1 and B2. Run Memtest86 overnight to verify there are no problems. Assuming the test comes out fine, I would enjoy the computer until you decide to replace it.
before replacing my cpu or motherboard should I justundo the heatsink and put on the cpu again to double check ? and yeah I will run the test . u r right it could be the cpu or the motherboard. i will update u soon .

Apr 6, 2020
Check cpu socket for bent pins.

It doesn't harm anything other than performance, if you're using single channel instead of dual channel. And even then - on Intel cpus the difference is not very significant.
i did a deep cleaning of my PC and tooku the processor out and cleaned it too the problem still remains but it's less than before my ram are fine i am now able to run it on dual channel but the PC is still restarting some of the times

i did a deep cleaning of my PC and tooku the processor out and cleaned it too the problem still remains but it's less than before my ram are fine i am now able to run it on dual channel but the PC is still restarting some of the times
If the computer is still restarting some of the time, then I would not say it's fine.

The problem is better after the cleaning ... this leads me to believe that heat was an issue at one time. Now, heat is not an issue, but you may have damage to your components due to the overheating. If the problem is slight, you might choose to live with it. If you want it fixed, you may have to replace something ... I can only guess where to start.

Apr 6, 2020
If the computer is still restarting some of the time, then I would not say it's fine.

The problem is better after the cleaning ... this leads me to believe that heat was an issue at one time. Now, heat is not an issue, but you may have damage to your components due to the overheating. If the problem is slight, you might choose to live with it. If you want it fixed, you may have to replace something ... I can only guess where to start.
Sir i checked my psu and graphics card on another pc there were no problems my ram are working fine no problems there now i am left with 2 things only the processor and the motherboard. the processor has normal temrature there was no overhesting i ran the processor diagnostic tool and it passed i ran stress test it was ok . Now my pc is restarting in a loop it's not even booting up so i think its the mother board. I have the asusb b150 pro gaming mobo. Now can u help me choose a new mother board under $80 lga 1151 socket.
Thanks

Thanks
Before you go shopping for a motherboard, I would confirm that issue is not with the software (Windows). I expect by now you have had many crashes and corruption of the file system is likely. It sounds like you have access to another computer. With the other computer, I would create a bootable copy of Linux on CD or USB flash drive. Then unplug your drive and try to boot from the CD or USB. If the computer boots and runs fine with Linux, it's likely the issue is with Windows and I would try to repair or reinstall Windows. If the alternate OS will not boot (or boot loops), then you might really need to replace hardware. I suggest Linux becuase it's well supported and free, but any alternate OS (even another copy of Windows) that you have on disk or USB is fine. The goal is to see if something will boot.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS