THE SYSTEM FILE IS NOT SUITABLE....

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

When I tried to install a game on my computer, it gave me this:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEMS32\AUTOEXEC.NT.The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.

I have never had issues with installing anything else before, wether it be
downloaded or from an installation disc.

It also happened when I tried to install an application to allow me to
expand archived music files. Can anyone help me with this? I have been trying
to sort it out for some time now.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

"lostboyblkue76" <lostboyblkue76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I tried to install a game on my computer, it gave me this:
>
>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEMS32\AUTOEXEC.NT.The system file is not suitable for running
>MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
>
>I have never had issues with installing anything else before, wether it be
>downloaded or from an installation disc.
>
>It also happened when I tried to install an application to allow me to
>expand archived music files. Can anyone help me with this? I have been trying
>to sort it out for some time now.

See the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit
Windows-based program
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=324767

This behavior is usually an indication that you have some sort of
virus or spyware infestation on your computer

Make certain that your antivirus software is completely up to date
with the virus definitions not more than a week old and then do a
complete scan of your hard drive. Then get a second opinion by doing
a free online virus scan at one of the following web sites:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/


Also check for spyware by going to MVP Jim Eshelman's Spyware Quick
Fix page at http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm and following the
instructions there.

Good luck


Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

"The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

lostboyblkue76 wrote:
> When I tried to install a game on my computer, it gave me this:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEMS32\AUTOEXEC.NT.The system file is not suitable for
> running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
>
> I have never had issues with installing anything else before, wether
> it be downloaded or from an installation disc.
>
> It also happened when I tried to install an application to allow me to
> expand archived music files. Can anyone help me with this? I have
> been trying to sort it out for some time now.


Accuse me of being a netcop, I don't care, but a 'wether' is actually a
castrated ram. ;o) That missing 'h' makes all the difference! ;o)
--
My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
lose his marbles?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote:

>lostboyblkue76 wrote:
>> When I tried to install a game on my computer, it gave me this:
>>
>> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEMS32\AUTOEXEC.NT.The system file is not suitable for
>> running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
>>
>> I have never had issues with installing anything else before, wether
>> it be downloaded or from an installation disc.
>>
>> It also happened when I tried to install an application to allow me to
>> expand archived music files. Can anyone help me with this? I have
>> been trying to sort it out for some time now.
>
>
>Accuse me of being a netcop, I don't care, but a 'wether' is actually a
>castrated ram.

or a castrated buck (goat).


Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

"The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

HOW DOES THIS HELP ME.. ? i'm trying to fix this, and you want to be a
'net-cop'.. get lost with all that.

"Ron Martell" wrote:

> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote:
>
> >lostboyblkue76 wrote:
> >> When I tried to install a game on my computer, it gave me this:
> >>
> >> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEMS32\AUTOEXEC.NT.The system file is not suitable for
> >> running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
> >>
> >> I have never had issues with installing anything else before, wether
> >> it be downloaded or from an installation disc.
> >>
> >> It also happened when I tried to install an application to allow me to
> >> expand archived music files. Can anyone help me with this? I have
> >> been trying to sort it out for some time now.
> >
> >
> >Accuse me of being a netcop, I don't care, but a 'wether' is actually a
> >castrated ram.
>
> or a castrated buck (goat).
>
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca
>
> "The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

"lostboyblue76" <lostboyblue76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>HOW DOES THIS HELP ME.. ? i'm trying to fix this, and you want to be a
>'net-cop'.. get lost with all that.
>

Did you not see my repy to your original post?

Did you try the items I suggested?

In case you missed the reply for some reason here is what I said:

*****
See the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit
Windows-based program
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=324767

This behavior is usually an indication that you have some sort of
virus or spyware infestation on your computer

Make certain that your antivirus software is completely up to date
with the virus definitions not more than a week old and then do a
complete scan of your hard drive. Then get a second opinion by doing
a free online virus scan at one of the following web sites:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/


Also check for spyware by going to MVP Jim Eshelman's Spyware Quick
Fix page at http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm and following the
instructions there.

Good luck
*****


Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

"The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."
 

Latest posts