The system had a unexpected shutdown

danisun

Reputable
Oct 31, 2014
Hey everybody. Been having this problem for a while now, and it is annoying me so much since I can't figure out what's causing it.

So my computer just restarts, everyday. And this isn't a good restart either. The system just clicks off, then starts up again. I can't find out what's causing this.

All I've found is that I get event ID 41 or event ID 6008.
Been browsing the web, and if I do a specific search on User32 and ID 1074, I find that runtimebroker.exe has initiated alot of restarts.

Anyone got some helpful tips?
I have reformatted before, but for some reason, it did not help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you give us a parts list of the PC? Its likely restarts are a hardware problem more than windows.

Event 41 is a reaction to the shutdown, its not the cause. Windows runs a report every start up to check it was closed properly the previous time. if it finds it wasn't, it creates event 41.

danisun

Reputable
Oct 31, 2014

MB: Asus maximus VII Gene
CPU: i7 4790k
Mem: Corsair vengeance pro ddr3 2400mhz
HDD1: Kingston SSD Now 240GB
HDD2 Seagate barracuda 3TB
PSU Corsair rm750
GPU: Msi geforce 980 twin frozr

Yeah, it is bugging me that I can't find out the reason it does this.
It just did it again, and i went into event viewer and found this too:

The programspesific permission settings do not grant Lokal Aktivering permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}
and APPID
{F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}
to the user NT-MYNDIGHET\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (bruker LRPC) running in the application container not available SID (not available). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If it was freezing I would suggest checking the ram - you could run http://www.memtest86.com/ on the sticks to check them out
But its just restarting by itself, that makes me think its the power supply
I would download this: https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php and check your voltages on the 3.3 volt, 5 volt & 12 volt rails as if PC isn't getting enough power, it could restart itself

I am not sure what else would restart PC

danisun

Reputable
Oct 31, 2014
Yeah I don't have any freezing issues. It just restarts. But not the good kind of restart where the OS says: Restarting. The computer just turns off with a click, even when I'm not doing anything. Then it starts up again.

I downloaded hwinfo, the 3.3v has 3.344v, 5v has 5.080v, 12v has 12.000v

TRENDING THREADS