[SOLVED] The task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped

Noob_Player97

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2015
Hi guys. So today i want to optimize and defragment my local drive. First i get this error " Storage optimization cannot start because the task scheduler service is not running. Start the task scheduler service and try again." After that i went to service.msc try to run the task scheduler service but also get another error " The task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

There have any else solution to solve this error ? I tried run sfc/scannow in command prompt but still not working. Please help.

Solution
See if this helps

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Type Services.msc in Start Search, open the app, scroll down to Task Scheduler service, click on it, make sure it is Running and Set to Automatic.

Then click the Dependencies tab, make sure those services are running too.

Next go over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done...

Colif

Win 11 Master
See if this helps

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Type Services.msc in Start Search, open the app, scroll down to Task Scheduler service, click on it, make sure it is Running and Set to Automatic.

Then click the Dependencies tab, make sure those services are running too.

Next go over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Start with Step 4 to turn off Startup freeloaders which can conflict and cause issues, then Step 7 to check for infection the most thorough way, then step 10 to check for damaged System Files. Then continue with the other steps to go over your install most thoroughly.

If nothing else helps then run a Repair Install by installing the Media Creation Tool and choosing from it to Upgrade Now. This solves many problems and will also bring it up to the latest version which you need anyway and by the most stable method. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/m...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d/8913634c-0338-4a55-9983-acce5da5bb57?auth=1

Solution