The Tenda F3 Aims For The Sub-$50 Router Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenjitamura

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
I think they're a couple years too late with this. It will certainly dominate the inexpensive sub $30 N300 offerings but how many people are really rushing to buy from that segment rather than wait another year for the good sub $30 AC routers to arrive?

We still need good cheap Broadcom AC chips for the inexpensive AC routers to be interesting though. I personally don't want myself locked into a sub-standard AC900 router based on Mediatek with its inferior performance and single proprietary only firmware offering.

DouglasThurman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
My mother was one of those people of her generation that couldn't set the time on her VCR. I've finally convinced her to get basic internet and this wifi router is perfect for her demographic. It's all she needs. It's simple. I can buy it new instead of a Craigslist iffy deal.

zahoome

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
I think they're a couple years too late with this. It will certainly dominate the inexpensive sub $30 N300 offerings but how many people are really rushing to buy from that segment rather than wait another year for the good sub $30 AC routers to arrive?
What you fail to consider is all the non-technical people that need a router now, either because their old one died or somebody told them they need one. They won't know or even care what the specs are, since that's beyond their knowledge or interest. All they want is something cheap that they can hook up and forget about. That's a very big market. Somebody like that isn't going to wait a year because something they don't know about is coming next year.

sylentz199

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015
What you fail to consider is all the non-technical people that need a router now, either because their old one died or somebody told them they need one. They won't know or even care what the specs are, since that's beyond their knowledge or interest. All they want is something cheap that they can hook up and forget about. That's a very big market. Somebody like that isn't going to wait a year because something they don't know about is coming next year.

ISPs gladly provide you one for a very easy $10/mo "router fee" etc. Such a scam but it's not like everyone is out buying routers. This is nice if you don't want to flush $120/yr on the ISP crap and can fight with CS until they let you return their equipment. They've gotten very tricky now by telling you that they won't come and install your service unless you have "supported" equipment. Guess what are the 2 supported devices...

Amy_18

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
Good Router with powerful network
Pros:-
1.Covers my whole home
2.Even with walls in between I get around 20% network in corners
3.No heating issues faced till now.
4.Amazing Price (1074)
5.Universal Repeater function works perfectly.
6.Easy Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.