[SOLVED] The time for GPU reckoning has come

golden_yeet

Prominent
Jul 2, 2019
third world middle class here. about to get a gpu after my trash tier one died.
been using a gt 610 but it died after 3 years or so and currently my eyes are set on the 1050 2GB as its the best available product in terms of both price and performence.
ive been going over compatability and my issues currently are but 2.
  1. will the 1050 fit in a mini ITX MOBO
  2. will it get bottlenecked by a 2.0 X16 PCIe
your answers will be greatly appreciated

Solution
I know that the price diffrence isnt that much between the 1650 and the 1050 (i actually might be forced to get a 1650 because of the lack of products but i refrain from doing so to not bottleneck my weak cpu)
The 1650 is horrible value, the 1650 Super (1650S) is ~60% faster and cost about the same.

As for the "not bottlenecking" part, there ALWAYS is a bottleneck, so it makes little sense to let that notion hold you back from getting a substantially better GPU for only a couple extra bucks. The CPU will drive the GPU at whatever frame rate it is capable of and a more powerful GPU gives you more headroom to crank up details without having it become the bottleneck.

psu is brandfless aswell but delivres 400 w.
Generic PSUs...

golden_yeet

Prominent
Jul 2, 2019
It won't get bottlenecked by the PCIE version. Even much better GPUs won't.

Whether it fits depends on other things. What's the exact motherboard and case? GPU "fit" isn't standardized by form factor.
The Mobo is an intel H61 (pretty unheard of) i can't seem to find the exact name for the Case tho (i do know its an average mini ATX)

InvalidError

Titan
If you intend to play games or use 3D software, the 1650S would be a much better buy than a 1050. Also, the main reason PCIe can be a bottleneck is the GPU having to use system RAM to offset a lack of VRAM, though that is only an issue if you intend to play games or use 3D software. You shouldn't buy anything with less than 4GB of VRAM in this case to give your PCIe 2.0x16 a fighting chance.

If you only need something to drive monitors with, then there is very little difference in desktop performance between a GT710, GT1030 and an RTX3090.

The Mobo is an intel H61 (pretty unheard of) i can't seem to find the exact name for the Case tho (i do know its an average mini ATX)
Intel H61 is chipset name (not a motherboard model name). You should be able to find motherboard model name with CPU-Z (motherboard tab).

Can you make a photo of your system (side panel removed, motherboard view) ?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

What make/model GTX 1050 are you considering? Can you show link to product page?

Please list full technical specs of your pc. Include PSU model name.

golden_yeet

Prominent
Jul 2, 2019
If you intend to play games or use 3D software, the 1650S would be a much better buy than a 1050. Also, the main reason PCIe can be a bottleneck is the GPU having to use system RAM to offset a lack of VRAM, though that is only an issue if you intend to play games or use 3D software. You shouldn't buy anything with less than 4GB of VRAM in this case to give your PCIe 2.0x16 a fighting chance.

If you only need something to drive monitors with, then there is very little difference in desktop performance between a GT710, GT1030 and an RTX3090.
I know that the price diffrence isnt that much between the 1650 and the 1050 (i actually might be forced to get a 1650 because of the lack of products but i refrain from doing so to not bottleneck my weak cpu) and thanks for explaining the bottleneck's origin, pretty much now the only issue is the case , its a mini atx but i can't find the brand's name (3rd world for ya) so is there a certain standard i can adapt to compare gpu and case dimensions or should i straight up mesure the case myself?

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
I know that the price diffrence isnt that much between the 1650 and the 1050 (i actually might be forced to get a 1650 because of the lack of products but i refrain from doing so to not bottleneck my weak cpu) and thanks for explaining the bottleneck's origin, pretty much now the only issue is the case , its a mini atx but i can't find the brand's name (3rd world for ya) so is there a certain standard i can adapt to compare gpu and case dimensions or should i straight up mesure the case myself?

Go for b&h Site they sell international and with cheap shipping prices . will reach your door world wide...

and it will reach you cheaper than your local price.

choose the product you like then choose calculate shipping and choose your country. Dont buy Local

golden_yeet

Prominent
Jul 2, 2019
Intel H61 is chipset name (not a motherboard model name). You should be able to find motherboard model name with CPU-Z (motherboard tab).

Can you make a photo of your system (side panel removed, motherboard view) ?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

What make/model GTX 1050 are you considering? Can you show link to product page?

Please list full technical specs of your pc. Include PSU model name.
considering the msi aero 1050
the system is a mess and cramped so i couldn't get a clear view
i made out "FC H61 1155) on the MOBO if that helps

InvalidError

Titan
I know that the price diffrence isnt that much between the 1650 and the 1050 (i actually might be forced to get a 1650 because of the lack of products but i refrain from doing so to not bottleneck my weak cpu)
The 1650 is horrible value, the 1650 Super (1650S) is ~60% faster and cost about the same.

As for the "not bottlenecking" part, there ALWAYS is a bottleneck, so it makes little sense to let that notion hold you back from getting a substantially better GPU for only a couple extra bucks. The CPU will drive the GPU at whatever frame rate it is capable of and a more powerful GPU gives you more headroom to crank up details without having it become the bottleneck.

Generic PSUs are usually of passable to horrible quality, you may want to replace it with a decent model from a worldwide brand (ex.: Corsair CX 550/550M/650/650M) before upgrading parts.

Solution