The Tom's Hardware Definitive List Of PC Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker41NAM

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015
I really hope that this isn't the complete list of categories you're going to give us. You're leaving out a whole lot of "best of genre" options (and battles royale)...

s4fun

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
What category is there for stuff like Starcraft (BW, SC2, etc.)? Or Wing Commander (1,2,3...etc), or Masters of Orion (1&2)? Or FFXIV ARR? Or Overwatch? Or Companies of Heroes? or Star Control (1 & 2) There are not enough categories.

WAJID_3

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
hello
i bought laptop i.e hp pavilion 15 6700hq with 16gb ram and gtx 960M.. i am worried about the battery while playing games .. i just bought it 1 month ago .. should i keep playing games on charging ? will it effect the battery performance ? what you suggest about it and also share your experience.
you can mail me or also text on my nmber .. waiting for your reply brotherz.
[don't post your email/phone# on any forum]
Thanks

You're asking the community to create a list / category. You are the community, so you're just as qualified to get that list started. Secondly, the author does have Dark Souls 3 listed as one of the worst PC ports, so I'm not sure how much help they'd be. :sarcastic:

Kunra Zether

Reputable
Jun 25, 2016
Best Free to play games should be an option and I'm really liking World of Warships right now, I'm addicted to it and even have a group of us at work that all get on together great game good strategy and decent graphics and not pay to win.

Linas M

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
Free to play? For me its definitely MechWarrior Online. The game is constantly updated with new features and polished. The devs are always listening to the voices of the players. Also the community is like nothing I've ever seen - everyone is very mature and helpful. The game looks pretty good too :)

withoutfences

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
best PC Game, and I know it's an MMO, but it's vast. EVE Online, it's beautiful, brutal, and the multiplayer is hard to beat, the sheer vastness is impressive enough.

5000+ people in battles on one server has to be experienced to believe

Obi-Wan

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Interesting topic.
But those categories don't give value
Is there a reason the typical groupings weren't chosen?
e.g. RPG, Strategy, Fantasy, War, Puzzle/Mystery, Online
Sub-categories could be added: Single Player, Multi-Player, Point/Click

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

Sorry for the late reply! This certainly is not the final list of genres. We hope to post new lists regularly. Consider this the first batch.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

See my previous response to Joker41NAM: this is a first batch list. There will be many more going forward. Thanks for the suggestions.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
there is a very obvious and often overlooked issue with these lists.

the problem is that it's giving all voters a list of very specific games to pick from. However, to pick the correct choice objectively, the player would have had to play all of the games. however, that's NEVER the case. So what's going to happen is the most popular game/most purchased/most played game will always win in any category, not the one that may be overlooked due to AAA titles with bigger budgets and marketing. FPS will always outrank other genres, which further skews results.

Games should be ranked by an individual's play style, game library, and data taken from sites like steam stats, etc.

Serban13

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
I still find Skyrim as the best replayable game of all time. I started a new game a few days ago. It will be the 5th time I play and finish the game.

The first time I play since SE an with mods it looks even better than some 2017 games. I just wish they will add all original Skyrim mods to the SE version as I really miss a lot of mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.