The Tom's Hardware F@H Team Thread (Team 40051)

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished

There are guys who spend far more than that for fake relationships at certain types of adult entertainment establishments. :D

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=544509

137134.jpg

Looks like you made do on your promise! (as of posting 898K points generated today.)

So you targeting about 1M to 1.2M PPD? :D

yeah nothing else was coming to mind when i saw lilcinw re-appear on the top 20 producers and checked out how many points he was producing. It was like he sent out his battleship and and launched a full salvo at everyone that keeps threatening his place in the top 20. lol.

Maybe I've been playing to much world of warships. :lol:

Also whats funny is that it almost looks like lilcinw and I are having our own little skirmish/competition to see who going to be higher up on the top 20 chart.

uguv

Distinguished

How are you folding on the 1050 ti? The drivers that work with folding don't support the card. I have one in my 2nd machine but I can only use the CPU right now.

10esseetony

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

Would you believe Mark was producing only 320,000 ppd this time last year? Then somebody showed up to our lilttle annual race with a OC 980Ti that put out 750,000 ppd. Within a week several of us had upgraded, then upgraded again, then...... :)

Being such a short one week race, maybe we can rematch next year, and hopefully you guys will be better prepared. But for this race, all I can say is:

16ll176.jpg
2zdrh40.jpg

JigoroKano

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

HAHA I just ordered a GTX 1080 and I'm telling myself it's to help science. It'll make the Oculus Rift go faster too! Sadly it won't get here till Thursday so not much help in the contest.

lol.

yeah we were certainly caught off guard. Here when the race was being planned (only a month ago from when I was first notified), a few of us thought some handicap system was going to be needed as you only had a few users and far less PPD.

Well..... looks like the tables have turned. :lol:

10esseetony

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
Most of TeAm Anandtech prefers BOINCing, until the annual Folding race. Needless to say, this month is going to probably produce more points than the last 11 years [of racing] combined! Thank you Nvidia! :)

I gotta say, the charts have us dumbfounded and amazed. So thanks to Purch for getting some interest in DC again! This is Anandtech, showing the spikes for our annual races of years past (the last spike is for only for November, my bad):

30iweg7.png

petrusbroder

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
The December 3, 2016 stats are posted here: https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/11th-annual-folding-home-holiday-season-3-way-race.2489602/

10esseetony

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
So...what did y'all do with that "one crazy beloved patriot" Rick? Were the mods messing with him when they said he could cross-post to his hearts desire about the race without getting a ban? Hilariously rude if so. Unolocogringo, you out there buddy?

Unolocogringo:
.....Now on to more SERIOUS business.!!!
Trash talk time.
I wanted to come by and apologize in advance for kicking your butts in our upcoming race. We take our Folding VERY seriously.
I or should I say we will follow your RULES. ALL underhanded recruiting ,sandboxing,Polite jests etc... are to considered Fair Game.
Good Luck( like it will do you any good)

Yes I am around. Still folding away. :D
Trash talking on your site was all me and had nothing to do with Toms Hardware site or moderators. I am who I am.
All in fun, so please do not take anything seriously. If you look to the left of this text you will see I proudly carry my
warning sign with me.
Well of course I did moon a few people while I was there , but I thought that was part of the game ? :??:
Well just for good measure [:unolocogringo]

10esseetony

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

Lol! You may want to see a doc though, could have jaundice, you're looking a bit yellow. ;)

AliusBU

Reputable
Nov 30, 2016

Welp, burned my $200 of free money down already. I must say I wouldn't want to do that with anything except the free trial credit. Better to go buy a GPU for $200 and get the gift that keeps on giving (and folding!)

petrusbroder

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
The December 4, 2016, stats are posted here: https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/11th-annual-folding-home-holiday-season-3-way-race.2489602/

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016

But didn't we get further away from Anandtech?

MusenMouse

Respectable
Mar 24, 2016

I think that's the point. It's a reference to Futurama where the Dr. says "Good news everyone!", but it usually is either bad news, or good news followed by very bad news. Haven't watched in a while so someone correct me if I got it wrong.

if i can only get these 9206 WU's that would be really nice. :D

3m and 14s tpf = 891k ppd.. (if i didn't get other WU's the drop my average to an overal 640k PPD.)

talk about a point boost! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.