The Tom's Hardware F@H Team Thread (Team 40051)

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

We're going to want to return to this competition at the end of the year. If we can bolster our numbers a bit we may have a fighting chance!

Mmmmmmmm arrived home to large box in the hallway......

Me - "No Dear I haven't been buying any graphics cards while drinking wine...."

Her - "What is it then???"

Me -"Its a surprise....." :lol:

So I picked up a 1080 and the boost is a whopping 1949mhz... Sorry Rick :D

On the 9414 / 9415 wu's its hitting around 750k.

Now that's fine if you compare it to the 980ti hitting around 450k but reading this post above some people are saying their 1080's are hitting way more...

"There is nothing wrong with the PPD on 9414 and 9415 on pascal, on a 1080 I am getting over 900k PPD and nearly 700k ppd on a 1070"

I am running pci-e 2.0 boards, hence the last question..

Anyone else got a 1080 I can compare wu's with??:??:

lilcinw

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I have a 1080 and have never seen anything close to 900k; 750k good WUs sounds more realistic.

Unfortunately last Friday the FAH core started crashing and my PC was throwing memory error BSODs so I am probably out of the folding game until I can replace some RAM.

This is on the platform in my profile so it is PCIE 2.0.

Maybe I could borrow it for when I go past the Mouse:D...where is that pesky mouse lurking anyways..?..

I'm still here old chap, electical and cooling fan issues have meant that folding is on hold for a bit unfortunately. :(

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
I have been contributing very little the last while ( years, really) but not for lack of want.. I just have a collection of servers and random really old graphics cards around the shop and various customer's sites. probably can get 10-12 slots open again but all low numbers. I remember when I was in contention for breaking into the top 50 regularly, but now.. just trying to not fall further down. newest card I have in a running machine is a 6670 radeon..
glad to see some progress though.
UPDATE : I got a new card today. running an i5 3570 @3.4, 16 GB ram, and added a 1050 Ti to it today. not sure what to expect for numbers..

We run what we have.
I'm still running a GTX460. and a socket 771 2p server(8cores@3.0) although electricity is cheap for me.
Thanks for folding, who knows what machine will fold the eureka work unit, so long as it gets done.
Fold on TEAM

uguv

Distinguished

I'm guessing 150k-200k?

I have an i5-6500 with a 1070 GTX and an old i7-920 with a 1050ti and I am getting ~750k ppd combined.

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
so, .. Whats up with the Folding site?-
working on a couple of older cards but keep getting the " no gpu available" thing.. guessing related to the database issue?

Got a new toy on the way, so I will save it for you unless you crank back up to max.

PS: EVGA 1070 SC ax3. :evil: Should put me about 1.2 million per day

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
...... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
........... . :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
................... :bounce: :bounce:
........................ :bounce:

WooooooooHooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My first real million point day.
Had a couple before ,server problems type things. :pfff:

THANKS EVERYONE for FOLDING :D :D :D :D :D

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
I honestly don't know how you guys are getting such numbers, as I keep getting very low output. of course I am actually using the computers also, but still. People say I should be getting 200k or something, and I get 50..

My numbers come from 2 GTX 1070. and EXT64's old 2p socket 771 server board.
I use one of the 1070s in my every day use computer.
The other 2 computers are in the basement closet.
The Asus 1070Dual clocks 1949-1962 usually and the EVGA SC ACX3 clocks 1999-2012 range so far. Just had it a few days.
I seldom game any more, unless the grand kids are up from Florida and it is nasty out and we can't go hiking or go to the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS