The Tom's Hardware Steam Giveaway for 'Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016
General Info on How To Enter

• ■ These giveaways now span 2 full weeks instead of 1. This means there's more time for you to enter!
    ■ There are now two ways to enter to win! Each person can only win once.

• 1. Enter the raffle via the gleam widget. All we ask for there is a name and a contact email. There will only ever be 1 copy of the game up for grabs with this method.

2. Take part in the discussion in this thread! A discussion prompt will be provided each time. Just answer the prompt to be eligible to win! Eligible participants will be randomly selected to receive a copy of the game.
[widget="https://gleam.io/xtOk8/toms-hardware-steam-giveaway-brothers-a-tale-of-two-sons", 600][/widget]

Welcome to another exciting Tom's Hardware Steam giveaway! We have three copies of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons up for grabs this time. Guide two brothers on an epic fairy tale journey from visionary Swedish film director, Josef Fares and top-tier developer Starbreeze Studios. Control both brothers at once as you experience co-op play in single player mode, like never before.

And now, for the discussion prompt:

What is your absolute favorite co-op game, and why? Couch co-ops and online only co-ops are welcome, but let's shy away from answers including MMORPGS and ARPG titles like the Diablo series.

The Steam Giveaway will run until 12 p.m. EDT on Friday, March 7th. The game will be awarded to the winners as a Steam gift. A Steam account is required to receive the prize and play the game.

I like quite a few of them actually.
Portal 2 for its complex environment.
Ghost Recon for its stunning graphics and hours of ambush strategies that me and my buddies wasted. :p
Sanctum 2 for its futuristic theme.
Mass Effect 3 for...well, everyone loves ME3. :)

Classact2002

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
Played alooooooooot of Ghost Recon on PS3 w/ a good buddy. Usually while drinking chuhai before we'd head out. Good times.

MWP0004

Respectable
Oct 26, 2016
Absolutely Halo 3. It hit at just the right time for me to have many memorable moments with my friends playing through the campaign.

Halo 2 split-screen single player is the first bigtime co-op I remember playing. It was one of the funnest shooter experiences I remember, a few friends drinking 15-20 beers each through the night and trying to still finish the game.

mercenarygod

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
It's a tie between Trine 3 and Left for Dead 2. Both games I can play with friends who aren't gamers, they can pick it up and have as much as me even though they might suck at using a keyboard and mouse. I wish there were more co-op games.

Bugzilla3

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Easily Halo and Halo 2. I used to play with my brother and some friends back in high school and those were some of my favorite video game memories.

Coldshard

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008

Anything that I can play with my wife :) For computer games though that list currently consists solely of Diablo 3, which isn't supposed to be in the answer (not really sure why). If anyone knows of any good co-op campaign games that aren't shooters, strategy, or involve going through doorways I'd like to hear about them!

The question didn't specify against co-op board games though and likely that would be Arkham Horror, followed by Legendary.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
My most favorite online co-op game is Need For Speed: World.
It came online on July 20, 2010 and went offline on July 14, 2015. I joined in the middle of 2011 and played it until the servers were taken offline in 2015.

I especially loved the Team Escape game mode in there that is all about co-op. Out of all game modes, TE was my favorite one.
Why?
Because TE was the only "race" where it didn't matter who finishes 1st. Also in TE, there were crucial to help out your teammates (up to 4 players per 1 race) so that you can get higher reward at the end of the race. And of course, the whole concept itself: getting away from police without being busted was fun enough.
I usually was either the 1st car to clear roadblocks so that my teammates had a free pass through roadblocks. Or i was the last car in the pack, blocking the police cars so that they won't harass my teammates while we were escaping. Being the last one in the pack also allowed me to "push" my teammates from behind to free them when they got stuck inside the police roadblock.

Under the spoiler is one of my personal screenshots that i took in the beginning of 2015.
Screenshot is taken during cop car gathering community event at the Downtown Precinct in Rockport.
My car is the Lamborghini Diablo SV that i painted to look like Pursuit Diablo SV from Need For Speed 3: Hot Pursuit. (My car is parked next to the Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R C10 "Cop" edition.)

nfsw653a.jpg

giogi

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015
unreal tournament.... those weapons and sounds, game physics i was liking so much this game at that time to play...

Status
Not open for further replies.