The Tom's Hardware Steam Giveaway for 'Ghost Recon Wildlands'

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016
General Info on How To Enter

• ■ These giveaways now span 2 full weeks instead of 1. This means there's more time for you to enter!
    ■ There are now two ways to enter to win! Each person can only win once.

• 1. Enter the raffle via the gleam widget. All we ask for there is a name and a contact email. There will only ever be 1 copy of the game up for grabs with this method.

2. Take part in the discussion in this thread! A discussion prompt will be provided each time. Just answer the prompt to be eligible to win! Eligible participants will be randomly selected to receive a copy of the game.
[widget="https://gleam.io/plyh3/toms-hardware-steam-giveaway-ghost-recon-wildlands", 600][/widget]

Welcome to another exciting Tom's Hardware Steam giveaway! We have three copies of Ghost Recon Wildlands up for grabs this time. It's been a while since the last Ghost Recon game. Nearly 5 years to be exact. We played the game in January and we're impressed by what is said to be Ubisoft's largest open-world game.
And now, for the discussion prompt:

Who is the ultimate survivor? This can be a real or fictional character. Why is this person such a badass?

The Steam Giveaway will run until 12 p.m. EDT on Friday, March 24th. The game will be awarded to the winners as a Steam gift. A Steam account is required to receive the prize and play the game.

The little girl "Newt" in Aliens. She was the last colonist to stay alive before the Marines and Ripley came in to check out why they had stopped hearing from the colonists. That little girl survived on her own in a good hiding place, and survived again when captured and cocooned for alien host injection. Why was she so bad? Not only was she a little 10 year old girl, but she was also the only one to survive having never used a weapon and had no military training.

RaptorVct

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
Daryl from The Walking Dead. He's been to hell and back in that zombie wasteland, but always manages to stay true to himself and come out on top.

hotsacoman

Honorable
Feb 21, 2016
Aron Ralston. He cut off his own arm after it was pinned under a boulder for 127 hours...then rappelled to safety. Pretty awesome.

fl-gators-fan

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Tom Hanks as Chuck in the movie Castaway would be a top survivor in my eyes. He spent 4 years on a deserted island in the middle of the ocean with nothing but a few items that washed ashore from the crash. Alone, sad, cold, worried, fearful, helpless and pure survival are just a few words to describe what was going though his mind all day and night long. The amount of pain and agony he felt when the soccer ball, Wilson drifted away was intense. He'd been lost at sea and alone so long, that he cared so deeply for a made up friend that was a soccer ball with a drawn on face. I couldn't even begin to imagine that. I would probably do the same thing, in the same situation. The important part is. He never gave up hope and survived for 4 years lost out at sea. What he did, is the meaning of the word "survivor", no if's, and's or but's about it.

Dom_79

Distinguished
Doomguy.

I would have thought he was the most badass for what he went through in the original games but I just started playing the latest one... Wow! Yeah, Doomguy is going to be the most badass ultimate survivor.

Now the quality of that survival would be questionable at best. Sure the demon hoards have been crushed and driven from the earth realm but I don't see Doomguy planting crops or repairing machinery anytime soon.

So if the question/definition of survival here is existing then Doomguy has my vote. Otherwise, I dunno... Wolverine or Deadpool? :lol:

poochiepiano

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
Beyonce. She's a survivor, she's not gon' give up, she won't stop, she'll just work harder. I mean technically Destiny's Child is also Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, but let's be honest, if you had to pick to the survivor out of the three of them...

Tm_carbon

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015
I have to say Deadpool. I mean, come on. He has survived so much and why is he so awesome? He killed the marvel universe 'nuff said.

imrazor

Distinguished
Warrant Officer Ellen Ripley from the Alien franchise. She survived repeated assaults by physically superior aliens, avoided becoming lunch for baby aliens, helped a little girl survive an alien takeover, lived through several betrayals by her supposed allies, and finally took down the alien queen in an improvised mech. How badass is that?

Alexander_69

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
Ellen Ripley.
Killed a Xenomorph Queen couple times. Has a daughter Amanda that kicks Aliens asses too. Natural born survivor. And she's hot.