The Top PC Games of 2018 (So Far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I played the ever-living piss out of FTL and FTL Advanced. Into the Breach I played until I beat it once and unlocked a few different squads to toy around with. Honestly I'm kind of bored with it already. I don't regret buying it, though, because I want to see Subset Games stick around long enough to release FTL 2. DO IT! DOOOO ITTTTTT!!!

How you missed Battletech, which outsold "Frostpunk" (a game with zero replay value and about 6 hours of gameplay total) is beyond me. Furthermore, "the Forest" is a joke compared to Subnautica. Don't get me wrong. In the case of Frostpunk, it definately deserved to be on the list. But excluding Battletech is insane. As is putting any "survival" game above Subnautica.

Who made this silly list?

In the end it's all very subjective, so I'm not going to criticise TomsHardware on this one, but I do share your perspective. I haven't played the Forest, but Subnautica is my personal game-of-the-year followed by Battletech, which I agree (from my perspective) offers many more hours of solid tactics and fun. Ahhh, Subnautica was so great. Imperfect in lots of (sometimes important!) ways, but I just found it such an immersive world to be in that all those issues didn't seem to matter.

Apr 24, 2018
I don't understand how Planetside 2 isn't on this list? I know it's 5 years old and has some issues, but it's WAY BETTER than Daybreak Games other game H1Z1 and it's STILL UNMATCHED to this day in what it achieves! Over 3000 hour's clocked and it still manages to surprise me ...

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Wreckfest is pretty awesome. It is a sequel to the Flatout series which is one game I still play a lot after 10 years. The driving model is a perfect blend between accurate physics and arcade fun. Plus, any racer where cheating is encouraged is cool in my book!

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Paladins is awesome. Way better as an e-sport than Overwatch, yet the lack of a 'Blizzard' in the name made it the underdog. If you haven't, go play it, seriously.

And I kind of expect Realm Royale to appear on this list once it goes out of beta :)

alextheblue

Distinguished

Was that released this year? Weird... I could have sworn that Fork Knife Battle: Roy, Al was released in 2017, and thus wouldn't appear on a list of top PC games released in 2018.

Found Subnautica to be one of the most eye-catching games I've seen in years. Less pace, single player, and an amazing level of attention to detail. In many ways it reminded me of the single player version of Freelancer. Explore, accomplish tasks, build up research and resources, but at whatever pace you want.

The only downside is a low replay value once acquainted with the map. One to complete, put away, and dig out every year.

WHAMMO

Honorable
Apr 22, 2015

Hmm, how did a 5 year old game get excluded from a list of 2018 video game releases, that's a real head scratcher...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS