THE TUNIQ TOWER 120 HAS RETURNED!

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Nice, haven't seen it around in a while. Thanks for the post. I'll go check it out.

Still wondering if this will be better than the Scythe Infinity... opinons?

blackstone

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Nice, haven't seen it around in a while. Thanks for the post. I'll go check it out.

Still wondering if this will be better than the Scythe Infinity... opinons?

I think the general consensus is that the T-120 is better than the Infinity.

orsino

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
I was gonna go for this or the Noctua 120mm, but now that the Titan Amanda with the TEC is out, I think it's worth an extra couple of $20s. Some of the benchmarks I've seen on it are pretty spectacular. And I have a huge full-tower, so there's plenty of room in there!

blackstone

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I was gonna go for this or the Noctua 120mm, but now that the Titan Amanda with the TEC is out, I think it's worth an extra couple of $20s. Some of the benchmarks I've seen on it are pretty spectacular. And I have a huge full-tower, so there's plenty of room in there!

Yeah I'm sure the Amanda is better, but you're talking apples and oranges. The Amanda requires much more power than the Tuniq, which just needs to power the fan. And is sort of unconventional. There are more things to break on the Amanda. I would rather go for a good old fashioned heat sink. It is a less complicated device. If you get the amanda make sure you post on it, okay!!

orsino

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
If you get the amanda make sure you post on it, okay!!

I'd like to make the Amanda the HSF for my permanent C2Q system I'll be getting in the summer (once the prices fall on the CPU and there are some proven mobos out for it) that I want to last at least two years or better yet three. Sure there are things that can go wrong with it, but my new PSU will be at least the OCZ 750w so at least there should be enough juice for it. I figure I can plug the Amanda in on my Prescooker now and then transfer it over to the C2Q in a few months.

I've just sent out half a dozen emails to the local suppliers to see if any one of them stocks it. So far I've found one in the UK but the guy is flaky and won't ship outside the country. I'll let the forum know if I can get my hands on one! Anyone in Europe who can help me dig one up pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez lemme know!

blackstone

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
If you get the amanda make sure you post on it, okay!!

I'd like to make the Amanda the HSF for my permanent C2Q system I'll be getting in the summer (once the prices fall on the CPU and there are some proven mobos out for it) that I want to last at least two years or better yet three. Sure there are things that can go wrong with it, but my new PSU will be at least the OCZ 750w so at least there should be enough juice for it. I figure I can plug the Amanda in on my Prescooker now and then transfer it over to the C2Q in a few months.

I've just sent out half a dozen emails to the local suppliers to see if any one of them stocks it. So far I've found one in the UK but the guy is flaky and won't ship outside the country. I'll let the forum know if I can get my hands on one! Anyone in Europe who can help me dig one up pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez lemme know!

Considering my E6600 conroe @ 2.8 Ghz performs most windows operations almost instantaneously, I'd say your quad core w/ titan amanda will be plenty fast! ;)

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006

orsino

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Blackstone, I think it should be pretty damn fast but only time will tell. Who knows, maybe Vista will slow it down to a crawl!

Doughbuy, try my setup. 305mm fan blowing right onto the mobo. Silent too! $10 at your local appliance store! But then again, there is nothing but liquid nitrogen that keeps a Preskillet cool!!! :D

blackstone

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Blackstone, I think it should be pretty damn fast but only time will tell. Who knows, maybe Vista will slow it down to a crawl!

Doughbuy, try my setup. 305mm fan blowing right onto the mobo. Silent too! $10 at your local appliance store! But then again, there is nothing but liquid nitrogen that keeps a Preskillet cool!!! :D

I've got a good setup myself. I'm using the Silverstone TJ07 case, and it has two 80mm intake fans on the back of the case toward the top and two 120 mm fans on the top of the case to exhaust. The back of my deskcavity is open and faces a window. I'm in Wisconsin so it is already pretty cold here. I crack the window just a little bit and it creates a small draft of cold air that gets sucked right into the case. Since the whole case is aluminum it gets pretty frickin cold. I only do this occasionally because it is probably isn't great for the PC. Hehe.

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Just ordered mine :D it came up to $62.96 and even tough newegg might have them for cheaper if theyll be completly restocked, that cooler is worth every penny :D

orsino

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Thanks for the link, Doughbuy, unfortunately that supplier's in California and I'm in Europe. Have had ZERO luck finding one that will ship me an Amanda here so far! :cry:

G

I kinda like the Vigor Monsoon II design better, only 1 fan.
Whats the price of the amanda? the monsoon is on the expensive side(150) but its front bay is pretty neat...

orsino

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Yeah, the Vigor is a nice unit too, albeit about $50 more than the Amanda, which puts it into the low end of WC. I've read two reviews and even gone onto the Vigor website and I can't find how many watts the peltier draws. Hard to compare it with the Amanda without that detail.

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
How much does it cost to ship a 5lb package from 55104 USA to where you are? Me or another forum vet (if you don't trust a noob) could probably send one across that big saltwater lake :)

orsino

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Ok, so the TECs are the same W in both the Vigor and the Amanda, then the performance should be roughly equal. I don't understand why the Vigor tests have it smokin' the Amanda. :?

The last time I shipped something from here to there it was barely 3 lbs. and cost almost a hundred dollars. And if you're sending from there to here, we're talking about adding 20% Sales Tax and Gawd Only Knows What Customs Duty. By the time we're said and done, the thing would cost me as much as a used car. But I really appreciate the offer! :D