The Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 350VR Headset: Designed For HMDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahma

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
The 3.5mm jack on the Vive has a 4 pole connector and does indeed pass through the microphone connection. I know because I have a Vive and use it daily with my Bose QC35's with an add-on boom microphone. Just as its audio output is labeled, "Speakers - USB Audio Device", its microphone is labeled, "Microphone - USB Audio Device" in Windows' Sound Panel. You definitely do not need to use a 10ft cable to connect your microphone back to your PC.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

I will have to test this.
I was following the instructions that Turtle Beach provided.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
If you want immersion, in-ear headphones that block outside sound are the best solution. Headphones like this are good if you don't want full immersion.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

Not everyone can wear in-ear headphones.
I can't find a pair or in-ear headphones that don't A) fall out all the time, or B) hurt my ears/ ear drums.

In-ear headphones are also not an option for sharing your VR setup with others.

WFang

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

On the contrary, for good immersion on the soundstage, you should go for open can designs, such as the Grado Labs Prestige series. The open can design allows for much wider sound-stage and better positioning queues. . . or so the internet tells me. Personally I love the SR80's because of the sound-quality to price ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.