The Uber-cool $40,000 Emperor Chair/Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsamitt

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2007
LOl .....40K and no Foot rest...But for just 3000 more I'm sure they'd throw one in:}
Imagine seeing everyone's face as you bring it in the door.And again after you tell them what you paid for it.I'm thinking anyone who can afford this much on a chair doesn't need to work in a cubical.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Why isn't this on a marble throne with gold weave in-lays and a kingly drop down display that is installed into the ceiling? Ohh and you cannot forget the rustic animal hides, and comfortable cushion seating.

G

with 40,000 USD, i think I should get 4 chair...
or I might be better buying a 20K car, and put 3 monitor in that car.
It still cheaper.
It has a better comfort
and it has a power backup too...

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
I guarantee that they would do 24" screens. But if you are shelling out 40g's for a workstation I don't think the price would be an issue. Oh and it does have a footrest. I think that this could be one hell of a gaming chair if the support for a good sound system was there.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
For 40k I expect this to have a coffee maker and also a built-in massage device. Lol with this uber-chair you will be the Scorpion King of the modern age.

Let' see some of the specs. First it has a 30min battery backup (I would assume this has a high comfort level ...if that's the case ...What would happen if I fell asleep in such a nice chair and a power outage occurs? There goes the battery backup.

- HEPA Air Purification System >> ( great combination with the massage device...but again ..Is this a business oriented chair or some Hi-Tech Zen/Feng Shui concept?

- Dimensions

Obviously the Height can be adjusted so you can get out of it, 61 3/4" - 83 1/2" (gosh nearly 7 ft max...imagine your boss looking at you getting out of that thing)

- Motion
Lol under Motion specs it states " Programmable to rotate over 8 hours". i guess you can get a guinness record for some non-stopping rotation in that chair for 8 hours.

The Computer specs seems kind of anemic for that huge amount of money, but let's not lose the focus here: it is an unique product, you don't see this everyday @ Newegg's daily deals.

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
Beautiful, but the system's specs are just aneeeeeemic! It's very hard to imagine something like this leaving you lacking for anything, but apparently, in spite of all the stuff it has, there's plenty it doesn't. Hmm, beer cooler anyone?

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Give me 1000 bucks and i'll make you one that has 24 inch screens..

Man, i'll spend 50 bucks and make a chrome plated glove and sell it for 4000 and fools would probably buy it.

jrnyfan

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
I think we are all missing, quite possibly, the greatest line of this article:

"Full spectrum lighting (to avoid the jaundice)"

Because when you are dropping 40k on what amounts to a way to not have to move AT ALL when working, the fear of Jaundice shoule be high on the list.

jaundice...rofl...

G

What a stupid idea. If they sell more than 10, I'd be shocked. Three 19" displays? WTF. It should have three 42" HD screens. Only an idiot would buy this. Then again, there's a sucker born every minute.

G

Why are people whinging about the "19 inch displays"? Putting 3 42" plasma TVs in there would be moronic, since its what, a meter away from your face, and thus you wont be able to see most of your screens. 3x19inch is probably perfect for the distance the screens are located away from you. Whats the point of a set of massive screens if you cant see >50% of it anyway without having to crane your neck.

G

The main point of a workstation like that is ergonomic comfort and support. They're made to keep you comfortable so you can work for hours without any stress on your back or body. They are expensive, but you can get less expensive gaming chairs and workstations from websites like amazon or www.gamingchair.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.