The ultimate graphics card

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think its safe to say a geforce 3 would be a good start seeing as Ati is a little slow with their drivers. Then add in iEEE1394 plugs to support peoples DV cameras. On top of that throw in capability for two monitors in both analogue add DVI flavours. THEN toss in a TV tuner with full Tivo capabilities, and the icing on the cake would be an ide plug on the video card so that you can capture video without having to worry about dropping frames. If it was a RAID interface it would be that much better!
A video card like this would make gamers, video recorders, and video editors extremely happy. And if asus got a hold of this and threw in some 3D glasses it'd only get that much better.
Gosh I can't wait for technology to catch up with what I want go do :smile:

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Why not get greedy?

How about a card running both the R200 chip and the Nvidia ti500? With Nvidia making drivers for both sets then, you'd get all the functionality of each chip, and the advantage of having dual processors for graphics. Get yourself 128 MB DDR split into 2 64 MB channels (Like RDRam, or the new Nforce) to get extra memory bandwith and have enough for both processors. It'd probably have an extra back plate attachment for all the inputs and output, perhaps even a front port for all the video inputs like a Live Drive. RCA, Antena, S-Video, Firewire, USB 2, and Component.

Of course, it wouldn't be the ultimate card without a killer price, so I say we retail it for $99.99.

Hey, I can dream can't I?

60 FPS, 70 FPS, 80 FPS Crash!
Daylight comes and I have to go to work :frown:

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yours would be nice, but its near impossible.
Mine is very acheivable which makes it the ultimate :smile:
They already have video capture boards that arn't video cards that have hard drive controllers onboard, but they are scsi so its not affordable. And they already have Tivo like video tv tuners just not available with a nice graphics chip. Then only Radeon 8500 has DV onboard but it isn't released yet and there isn't on board IDE controller.
So just combine all these similar capabilities and have the ultimate graphics card. Of coarse it could be a little better if the graphics chip from the Xbox was inside.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hey!
dont forget liquid nitrogen cooling for the gpu & ram on that graphics card!

gotta get a better overclock!

OEMs selling "High End"PCs with integrated video will be forced into Q3tournaments using a TNT2M64!

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yea the AIW is pretty nice, but no on graphics card IDE. I've heard the DV interface on the AIW might not be fast enough for video capture, and also does it function as a Tivo?