Discussion The Ultimate RPG IDEA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCDesignerR

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 30, 2014
I long for a game that has recently been inspired from watching the first 5 episodes of The Mandalorian, a Star Wars TV show that in my humble opinion is pretty excellent so far. I want to see a developer make a game that is Star Wars meets Fallout 76 meets No Man's Sky meets Borderlands 3 meets Skyrim. A server-based open world sandbox first person shooter with the level of space exploration that No Man's Sky has, and the weapon diversity that Borderlands 3 has, PC based, on a mod-friendly platform with Unreal4 graphics and full compatibility with an elite controller. The title? Gear-Is-God. This game would be all about the gear you can get and it's customizability. You're a bounty hunter in a Star Wars like universe where there is infinite customizability for ships, armor, weapons, gadgets, structures, Fallout 76 had the right idea with the direction it was going, but it was plagued with bugs that ultimately led to its demise for popularity. No Man's Sky is a pretty great game but it too had a terribly rough start. I love Fallout 4 for its modability but the storyline for Fallout 4 sucks. The weapons and armor are not too shabby though. I just want to see an RPG made that has a 500 level cap and as much open exploration available as No Man's Sky, but with a lone-wanderer type of character and the character customizability of Skyrim. The entire premise of the game is that you are after the best gear in the universe along a journey to explore and meet new characters, find new places, set up a base of operations and get as much money and gear as possible. In The Mandalorian he says that his weapons are his religion. In a certain light, some games can be a lifestyle. I think that a game like Monster Hunter World really defines this idea well. You could potentially play that game forever. Does anyone else dream of a game like this?

Please let me know what you think of this idea I'm open to varying opinions. Thanks!

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I think you need to learn more about how to structure what you say in paragraphs, rather than write a wall of text and only put a single "what do you think" line in a separate paragraph. People tend to not respond to posts that are a strain on the eyes. Just my 2 cents. ;)
This is solid advice. Threads are more readable tend to get more assistance.

Breaking into easier to read paragraphs and sentences will help those trying to help/respond to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS