The unbeatable "reboot and select proper boot device"

tthainer

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
Hi guys, I know it's been asked 1000 times before but I'm getting the "reboot and select proper boot device" error. HOWEVER, I have gone above And beyond what the Internet has said would fix it and still no luck. So I obviously have played with the booth sequence, I got a brand new SSD, I've changed my sata cables, I've tried loading bootmgr straight from uefi shell, and last night I ran a Windows repair cd and a USB with the same files all with zero luck. If the Internet had a suggestion on how to fix it, I pretty much tried it. At this point I am clueless and could use some help. Thanks in advanced!

Hello tthainer

Can you please confirm since when are you experiencing the issue, and what was the last thing you did after which the problem started?

If you installed Windows keeping the HDD attached to your computer, you may face this problem. Sometimes, removing the HDD before Windows installation and then re-connecting the HDD after installing does the trick. Can you please try this and see if it fixes the issue?

Hope this helps. Cheers!! :)

tthainer

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
My computer ran perfect for months and I got home the other night and it was shut off. When I boot up I get my MOBO screen then I get the error. My Windows files were saved to my SSD which i know has died. So I got a new SSD and was going to load Windows onto the new one, but I'm not having any luck. It won't load the disc files.

Hello again tthainer

Can you please confirm if the BIOS is up-to-date? If not, you can try updating it to the latest version.

Note: Please make sure to back up your current BIOS before updating to avoid any further issues.

Good Luck!!