The VR Releases Of (Early) Summer 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear these offerings are among hundreds of others across many VR platforms. Think about "regular" gaming for a second. There are AAA titles and then there is the rest. I've been researching VR headsets and their games for months. Dead Effect 2 VR is one diamond in the rough. Fortunately the title is not Top 2017 VR releases. That would have been off the mark.

gergguy

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
I'll bet all you people complaining have never even tried VR. Keep your trap shut unless you've experienced it. No words or video or whatever can't explain. You just have to experience it for yourself.

vinay2070

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011

Mostly with those kind of games? Even with VR! No Thanks! I can definitely wait another year.

I have to wait another year till I've saved enough but I am going to buy one. And it's $800 for the Vive. You get everything for a roomscale VR experience. Literally walking through a VR game. Remember Space Invaders? That little ship at the bottom? Remove ship and insert you. Add multiple dimensions(3d instead of 1) and then insult VR. When they are spiraling out into the play area and then lining up and finally shooting at you, there is nothing a traditional PC can compare to and nothing a person can tell you that will adequately convey the immersion that you feel. Sure, many of us have gotten "lost" in a PC game. To be standing on Tatooine blocking incoming laser fire with a light saber(the Vive controller is convincing as a light saber handle) is something that will put a smile on your face. But what if you are legally blind? Video games have always been a little out of your element. The fine details can escape you unless you are so very close. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBMVZJLwgQo shows a wee bit of the impact VR can have. Check out HTC Vive or Oculus scare reactions or just reactions. It's like trying to explain the fourth dimension to someone or explaining trig to me.

The games listed aren't something you can judge VR by. There are stores that have one of the many VR head sets out for demo sessions. There are also hundreds more. There are also simpler games that may look like they have been but in the headset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS