The Walking Dead - Season 3 and into 4

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

It is what got us all interested in the first place and there were some really intense moments in season 1.

IMO season 3, is turning out better than season 2 did, but the season that established the show is the pinnacle they're trying to reach with each continuing season.

Season 3 final episode tonight, should be quite interesting!

Kinda sad the season is ending, season 3 has been very entertaining at times.

The last episode took Merl out of the picture, not a good thing for Daryl because blood is thicker than water, but may long term be good for Daryl as he won't be burdened with killing him, or anyone else in the group having to do it.

That is of course as long as Daryl stays alive.

It was nice to see Merl have a little spark of humanity left in him at the end, that kinda lends a little hope to all the insanity.

JonathanTrent

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
I have never been able to get into this show. However, my life absolutely loves the show, so I am forced to watch each and every episode.

david cassar

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

It was IMO the best finale so far. A bit sad to see Milton die but happy to see Andrea die. I hated that woman.

Yeah Daryl is my favorite character, which it's kinda dangerous to have a favorite character in the Walking Dead Series, as they could be the very next one to leave the show.

Season 4 is out and with 5 episodes, how has this thread not been resurrected yet?
Just finished watching Internment (episode 5).

TV and Comic spoilers below
Its good that the illness has finally been resolved, its a fairly boring plot device and I am looking forward to more daylight scenes. Need some more zombie hand-to-hand stuff like at the beginning of Season 3.

The fence fell, that was dealt with a bit too easily. Wondering why they haven't done any other form of defense, they could have dug a trench, made a ring of cars, put up more spikes, anything other than just a plain chain-link which was bound to be pushed over eventually. Maybe they are building up to an Alexandria-esque moment of realization (comic) that they have to actively work to better their future, including defenses.

The Governor returns, in what way who knows. He looked like he wanted to join the prison during the 5sec we saw of him in the episode, but the credits sneak peek paints a different picture. Frankly I was fine with him being an unresolved plot point, but I guess he still has to cut off Rick's hand (in the comic he does). Think that extended shot of Ricks injured right hand during the opening could have been some foreshadowing?

Rick still has to face the wrath of Tyreese for letting Carol go as he wanted a revenge kill, and Daryl is not going to be happy with Rick as well, he may hop on his moto and go after her?

The return of the Guvna, Oh well best break out a spot of tea! :)

Holding up at the prison seemed like a good idea at first but now it's like death bath city, blood and rotting guts everywhere inside and out, personally I'd rather take my chances out on the road again.

Go to a military base and get a few APCs or maybe even a tank or 2, fuel is everywhere from abandoned vehicles, and just run over the freaking zombies, anything is better than living in a death trap.

Hey fence idea genius's, ever hear of fire, that will not hurt the fence but would make a nice zombie BBQ! :pfff:

They don't seem to have a problem burning them as individuals, so they would have burned as a group as well, douse them with some fuel and light em up!

When obvious solutions are there and they don't take advantage of them it gets rather frustrating to me! :pfff:

The living probably smell just about as bad as the dead but at least they brush their teeth! :lol:

Patented walker fighting style, the Apathy-Fu!
He has mastered the ability to not care about walkers headed straight for him, and learnt how to dodge with minimal effort.

Meets new people, who have somehow been holed up since the beginning. Really doubt that's possible, the Governor got in by walking through the unlocked door. No walkers seem to ever try to get in or even notice they are there, yet they passively build up at the Prison and Woodbury walls?
I would call Deus Ex Machina but its not...
Also that delivery truck should have been full of Sno Balls :lol:

So the Governor reconnects with his old followers and the tables have turned, Martinez is the leader of the band of raiders (?). Really hope this doesn't result the 2nd half of Season 3's plot playing out again.

royalinalk

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
I think the title refers to those alive, not those dead. It's very poetic and changes the way I watch and process the show.....

Looks like the old guvna is rearing his ugly head, MoC it looks like your fears could be realized it seems the Guvna has his eye on the prison, like it's a safe haven for his new family, IMO Rick and the others should have left the prison already!

OK, that episode was good. My fears were true but at least it only took one episode.

An eviscerated rabbit nailed to a bit of plywood, I know where this is going :D

It actually holds quite true to the comics in terms of how the prison falls and how they escape from it. Expect an incapacitated Rick being completely reliant on Carl who proves himself as capable, solving this whole child sub-plot he's had going this season in the next few episodes.

In terms of who dies and how, the show veers pretty far.
Comic Spoilers here
Hershel is killed by The Governor during the attack, but by gunshot while grieving his last son Billy, who is missing from the show.
Judith is killed during the attack, shot down with Lori (who survived childbirth) trying to escape. The show makes it ambiguous whether she is dead or alive, the kids ran the wrong direction for a reason... Incidentally it was a Lilly (not the same) in the comics who made the shot, which leads her to kill The Governor maliciously, not just to prevent him from turning like in the show
Pretty much everyone introduced during the Governor episodes doesn't exist in the comics.
Tyreese is the one who's beheaded by The Governor during the 2nd prison attack. I suspect the only reason hes alive is because he is quite undeveloped compared to his comic counterpart and to keep the Carol story-line going. Theirs gotta be a reason why he hasn't been told yet.

Gah, whats with this this mid-season finale stuff!
No more episodes until February, they could at least drop the whole idea of a mid-season breaks and just outright say that was Season 4 and in Feb is Season 5.
Seems the only Walking Dead content for a while is the 2nd season of Telltales game, which should be releasing any day now.

Well it was one action packed episode for sure Mishone kinda disappeared after running the guvna through.

A three month wait for it to continue, probably take that long to straighten all the side paths the show can take from here.

I'm glad they'll finally be outa the prison!

TRENDING THREADS