'The Walking Dead' VR Demo On StarVR HMD Impresses, With Caveats

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
What the hell is "Murica"?

Oh, were you trying to say "America"? And you thought that was funny? Pathetic.

There always has to be one overly serious person. Pathetic...

dont know the context to the mericia anymore, but i'm honestly seeing it used less and less as a funny joke and more instead just general hate, so i cant really deny the guys reaction to seeing it.

Dano__

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015

Murcia is a place in Spain dumb-ass where the HMD was demoed, not everything is about you

Immersed, Spain
Campus de Espinardo, s/n, 30100 Murcia, Spain
2nd to 4th September 2015

eldragon0

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013

You really deserve all the hate you get for this comment. Please learn to read, and don't be such an asshat.

That said, thanks for the great write-up and putting another HMD on my list, I'd never heard of these guys before. The future just keeps looking brighter and brighter.

8R_Scotch

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
Meh... so all they did was show that if you slapped 5k with a wide FOV on your face it looks gorgeous... well duh.

From what I read they nailed zero points necessary for VR immersion except eye-candy. Blurry, persistent, low fps, laggy tracking...

This is just a very very expensive way of saying "look how pretty VR will be once our hardware can support greater resolutions and FOV". If they meant to show VR potential, it's the other stuff they should be worried about.

I'll give them props for the wheelchair idea, I'm guessing a lot of experiences in early VR will be like that, cockpits, driver seats, turrets, wheelchairs, dino riding...

Status
Not open for further replies.