News The WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD Is Now Over Half-off MSRP

InvalidError

Titan
You can get a Samsung 980, 500gb for $65.
Except the 980 is a DRAMless drive with 1/4th the sustained write performance, 1/9th the write IOPs and 1/20th the read IOPs.

Although there may be little to no discernible performance in typical day-to-day uses with current games and applications, the raw performance differences between the two are huge and could make a significant difference later if things like DirectStorage to optimize load times gain widespread adoption.

greenmrt

Distinguished
May 19, 2015
I bought two of the 1TB SN750 in February for $134.99 at Best Buy and $139.99 at Amazon (one with a heatsink and one without). Did pricing go way up since then?

plateLunch

Honorable
Mar 31, 2017
Make sure you don't confuse the SN750 with the just released SN750 SE. One of the Amazon links goes to the SN750 SE listing.

Which begs the question, when is the SN750 SE review coming? It is DRAMless but has a PCIe 4.0 interface. Interesting that Amazon is also listing the SN750 SE at the same price as the SN750. I've seen goofs in Amazon's pricing before. I wonder if this is one.

Reactions: Krotow

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the 1 tb was under $100 at newegg yesterday but sold out super quick.

i considered this model but when i saw that WD is also swapping out lesser parts for their m.2 drives i went with the samsung 970 evo plus for a bit more. can't see paying full price for something that has been nerfed with cheaper lower performing parts.

ended up paying $250 for the 2 TB 970 evo plus and i very happy with that price :)

TRENDING THREADS