Question The WiFi keeps disconnecting!

Feb 14, 2020
I have a Windows 10 i9 9900K desktop that keeps disconnecting the WiFi at random points. This happens between streaming, recording, and playing a game at the same time to me just sitting on my home screen not even doing anything. The WiFi is fine everywhere else and it's pissing me off because my streams would end, my matches would disconnect, and overall it's hard to do anything.

What wifi adapter are you using? Is it a wifi adapter built into your motherboard? Is it a USB ? etc.

We need more information on hardware specs as well as what router you have and what kind of other wireless connections you have in or around you network. Normal internet browsing can tolerate more interference then high usage streaming so if you have a busy network, especially if you are using 802.11G that in reality only has 3 channels (1,6,11 are the only 3 that don't overlap with others), then interference is probably the problem.

Feb 14, 2020
What wifi adapter are you using? Is it a wifi adapter built into your motherboard? Is it a USB ? etc.

We need more information on hardware specs as well as what router you have and what kind of other wireless connections you have in or around you network. Normal internet browsing can tolerate more interference then high usage streaming so if you have a busy network, especially if you are using 802.11G that in reality only has 3 channels (1,6,11 are the only 3 that don't overlap with others), then interference is probably the problem.
The wifi adapter is built into the motherboard.

Can you list what motherboard?

Also did you download the LAN/Wifi drivers for the motherboard from the manufacturers website?

Motherboard wifi isn't usually the best unless they have external antennas since you are putting a radio in a radio block metal box aka computer case.

Feb 14, 2020
Can you list what motherboard?

Also did you download the LAN/Wifi drivers for the motherboard from the manufacturers website?

Motherboard wifi isn't usually the best unless they have external antennas since you are putting a radio in a radio block metal box aka computer case.
Is there any other possible solutions?

TRENDING THREADS