Question The WiFi on my PC keeps freezing every 5-10 seconds, for only a couple seconds, and then resuming ?

Jul 16, 2022
Specs:

WiFi Adapter: TRENDnet AC1900
Router: ASUS CM-32 AC2600
CPU: i7-7700k
GPU: RTX 3080
RAM: 2 x 16gb DDR4

I first noticed it on Discord where my friends would stop talking all at once and then their audio would catch back up really quickly. I then tried sharing screens with a friend who said the stream was stopping every few seconds and then resuming.

I also ran a speedtest to see if that was having any problems. And I noticed the graph for download and upload was off. It would rise like normal, then plateau for a few seconds, then drop down quite a bit and start rising again, and it would repeat this basically every few seconds until the test stopped. And it seemed like the same pattern that Discord was showing.

I checked other devices and it's definitely only my PC that's having this issue, so it's something specific to me, not my router or anything like that.

Things I've tried so far:

• restarting PC,
  • restarting router
  • changing wifi adapter ports
  • reinstalling wifi adapter driver
  • updated my GPU driver

Any ideas? This isn't a problem for video streaming as that buffers anyways, so the downtime isn't a big deal as it has the buffered video it can use, but I basically can't play any online games or talk with friends over Discord, which is annoying.

Last edited by a moderator: