The Windows Product Key you entered is not valid

chico

Hi,

I recently tried to download Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1), and when
it came time to validate my XP, i got the following message:

The Windows Product Key you entered is not valid for your current Windows
installation. Please try re-entering the Product Key. Make sure you enter it
exactly as it appears on the COA or Product Key label. (2 attempts remaining)

I own a valid XP license that came with my Dell Dimension 4600C. I have
not, to my knowledge, changed my XP installation. could this be the work of
a virus or something else?

Download this little app http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml It
will help you uncover the Product Key that was used to install your version
of XP. The key might be different than the one on the COA. Some OEM
distributors use a different OEM Product key when installing than the one
that comes with the CD or is on the sticker.

You may have to contact Dell Support for help with this.
--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

Chico wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently tried to download Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1),
> and when it came time to validate my XP, i got the following message:
>
> The Windows Product Key you entered is not valid for your current
> Windows installation. Please try re-entering the Product Key. Make
> sure you enter it exactly as it appears on the COA or Product Key
> label. (2 attempts remaining)
>
> I own a valid XP license that came with my Dell Dimension 4600C. I
> have not, to my knowledge, changed my XP installation. could this be
> the work of a virus or something else?

Just Karma!

--
Peace!
Kurt

Download RockXP from here to check your product key
http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlrockxp.html The file is safe for
downloads some antivirus make flag it as suspicious. Search your system for
these 2 files wpabaln.exe and wpa.dbl. Move not copy those files to a new
folder (create one).Now click start>run and copy and paste the following
line into the run box and click ok.
%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a

Click on Activate by phone and hit the Change Product Key. Enter your valid
product

key. If for some reason it does not work then all you have to do is copy
those other

2 files back into the windows\system32 folder.