The word Newb seems appropriate right now

JGS91

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Basically I wish to build my first computer, as such whilst I've done some research online I'm hesitant too actually trust anything I've read probably due to my inexperience since some articles leave out some components whilst some include them as a must have so my worry is I'll compile a list, buy it, only to figure out I'm missing one part. This is where I was hoping the community could help. Let's assume I am a total idiot when it comes to building computers, basically I was wondering if you point me in a direction to learn what's needed, or better yet just tell me here. Provide a place to buy it from, I'm from the UK so online wise I know of Scan and Ebuyer and in general what the hell to do haha. The main purpose of the computer I'm building is to run Battlefield 3 decently when it comes out, so bear that in mind. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and replying if you do.

michxymi

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011

How much money do you want to spend? Need everyting(monitor etc)?

JGS91

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011

I'm thinking of spending about £500 without the monitor. Just for now I'm looking to buy like the tower itself. I don't fancy going over that but if I had to I guess I would. But yeah £500 is the limit so far which is $822.153 or so the currency converter tells me.

Wolfshadw

Titan
System building basic component list:

Case
Power Supply
Motherboard
CPU
System RAM (memory)
Hard Disk Drive
Optical Drive (CD/DVD)
Graphics Card
Keyboard
Mouse
Speakers
Monitor
Operating System

-Wolf sends

JGS91

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Um no I don't have a monitor but I didn't think it would matter the plan was just to buy a decently big one when the build was finished by your response I'm assuming its a stupid idea? haha my bad.