The Xbox One S, Hands On

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
is there any news on weather the APU in the Xbox One is using GlobalFoundries new 14nm process? i find it hard to belive they can cool the same 28nm chip with such a drastic size reduction.. this has to be shrinked silicon right?

Maybe they just used a better cooling solution, it's definitely possibly to cool that small a package if they design it right. I notice that big circular vented area on the top, i hope that's the cooler.

Or maybe these things will run hot as hell and red ring themselves.

Hellequin

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
Does it natively render 4k graphics for gaming? No that is what the Scorpio will do.

However it is reported to upscale current 1080p games to 4k like a 4k-bluray player would do for blurays.

That just means it can "stretch" the image to fit a 4k TV, so it's not a tiny 1080P box in the middle of the screen.
It'll probably look worse because it will fill in the other pixels with what it thinks is supposed to be there and not what actually would be.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
omg, your going to sell us this amazing product that has a Bluetooth controller, built in power supply and it's 30% slimmer right ? cause I remember a few years back another company already had that on the market

Ambeck

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
What are the specs of the internal PSU for Xbox One S launch edition bought in the US?

Can it work both with 127v and with 230v?

{Currently the 2tb version is out of stock in Denmark and thus I consider buying one in the US. However the voltage in Denmark is 230v unlike the 127v in the US.

Microsoft support while being helpfull can not tell med - basicly I have to try and see what happens and if it blows up its my own mistake and anyway warranty cover only in US wether or not its due to wrong power or something entirely else.

My farther in law is in US untill wedneysday afternoon this week and can buy me a Xbox One S - help much appriciated.}

Status
Not open for further replies.